December 8, 2018

Kitchen Ideas On My Mind...

Pinned Kitchen Ideas
 
I've got kitchen cabinetry on my mind these days. I love the randomness of our current setup, but I know we'll eventually install cabinetry. I've saved lots of pictures, but these four have elements I really like.

One common thread is light-colored cabinets. Another would be the windows for natural light. I also like the different shelving options. We actually already have the oak shelves and brackets to hang above our range (like in the upper left photo). I also love butcher block counters like the ones we had in Florida, but I think only for the cooking area. I'd like a light-colored, waterproof option for the sink area. I'm really enamored with the glass panel cabinet doors, too.

Beyond that, I'm still tossing ideas, randomly, at Handsome to see if anything appeals to him, too. (Oh, and the pink in the lower right corner is not a color option for us.) I'll keep saving pictures, and when we're settled (hopefully in 2019), we'll start the project. No rush. It's not like we're eating badly in our current setup! I just know that it will be comfortable, and suitable for a 100 year old farmhouse. What do you think about these kitchens? What do you like? What don't you like? I'd love your feedback.


Don't forget to leave a comment on the 3500th Post Giveaway post! I'm choosing a winner on Sunday night. You still have the weekend to join in the drawing. The link is in my right sidebar.

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. I think they are all very pretty and would look great in your farmhouse kitchen. The one thing that I would stay clear of are the shelves over the stove. With all the cooking I do, I can see having to clean them routinely. Also, I'm way too short to reach anything...I'd probably set myself on fire at least once 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know currently the 'farm kitchen sink' is popular, but I see it as inconvenient and think I would put a dishpan in to hand wash anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My previous kitchen was my very favorite...white cabinets with some glass fronts, warm wood floors, large sink (definitely would have liked the farm sink), island with range top, and lots of light granite counter tops. You are very smart to collect lots of photos and ideas and let them percolate. Your Hickory Hill Farmhouse kitchen will be fabulous dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of white cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like kitchen #1 (upper left), but would prefer the cabinetry of the kitchen #2 (upper right). But I would like a light wood finish instead of a painted finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna