December 11, 2018

Tuesdays With Tag - Now, Just A Doggone Minute...

Brynwood's Taggart and The Imposter

 Hi, Everybody!

I bet you're wonderin' just what the heck is goin' on here.
Well, let me tell you. It was touch and go for a minute.

Last night, I got up on Mom's bed, just like I've done for the past seven and a half years. What the heck do I find, but some stuffed imposter hornin' in on my favorite spot! Who the heck does he think he is?!
 
Inspectin' The Front End

That little pipsqueek wasn't gonna pull the wool over my eyes. No siree! Get over here, why don't ya? You can call me the Imposter Inspector, thank you very much!

Let's start up here by the eyes. I know you think you're adorable and fuzzy, but I already have one of those to deal with. We aren't namin' names, but you all know I'm talkin' about that Black Dog! Well, you don't smell too cute offensive.
 
Checkin' Behind The Ears

Lean over and quit wigglin' around. I'm gonna check behind the ears and make sure you aren't bringin' fleas up on my Mom's bed. Last thing I need in the middle of the night, is a bunch of skritchin' because you're itchin'!

"All clear, Mom!"
 
Networkin'

Hold on now. You knew I was gonna have to check the back end. I'm lookin' to see if you need a butt freshenin' and figure out what you had for dinner. Oddly enough, it's smellin' kinda...um...un-dog-like, if you ask me. (Not that that's a bad thing!)
 
Reachin' An Accord

Well, after thorough inspection, and careful consideration, I've decided you can stay. Mom said you were a present from her friend, Marie on Sunday. (I'm gonna have to talk with Miss Marie next time I see her!)
There are rules, though, so we better get those straight right now! Number One: No one kicks Boo's butt except me. Number Two: No one licks Boo's dish clean after she's done eatin' except me. Number Three: No one cuddles up to Mom except me (and sometimes Boo). You wait at the back of the line. Period. Number Four: No soundin' the alarm when the mail guy, UPS guy, FedEx guy, paper guy, or Miss Shelly or Mr. Andy drive up the driveway. That's strictly MY job. If I catch ya barkin' on my watch, you're outta here. Got it? Good.
Then you can stay...and you can sleep on my bed with me once in a while if you want to. Just don't tell anyone I said it was okay. I'm not kiddin'. I'll deny it if you say anythin' different. Welcome to the pack, you little scrub.
 
 I'll see you again in seven, 'til then...  
"Chase A Dream - Or A Squirrel".

 

2 comments:

  1. Tag you are a very thorough Imposter Inspector. Merry Christmas to You...Smooches

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLOL!! Great post, Tag!! You make sure you uphold ALL those rules!! :-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna