December 26, 2018

Holiday Needle Dancing...

Brynwood Needleworks - Snow Days Bowl Fillers Project

We're leaving for Florida over the weekend, so I didn't want to start anything that will require a sewing machine. While we're away from home, I'll be working on needlework projects. This one is perfect for the season!

These are pre-printed panels to which you fuse felted wool. You can do as much or as little (including none) needlework to the fabric. Of course, you know me. I'll be stitching over much of the printed areas of each small panel. I've even chosen one of my Kreinik metallic threads for the snowflakes.

Once the panels are complete, I'll be sewing backings on each, and then filling them with poly stuffing or crushed walnut shells. They'll be all set for the rest of this winter, and then again next year.

Brynwood Needleworks - Cover Photo "Snow Days Bowl Fillers" by All Through The Night
 
One of my friends in the Primitive Gatherings Sit & Sew group already stitched hers, and then made them into a quilted wall hanging. It was lovely, but I've chosen to make mine for the bowl instead.
 
In case you're interested in creating your own, this is the kit information for you. You supply your own wools. It's really a fun, little project.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely little project for traveling and staying cozy this Winter. Safe Travels Dear...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    I love this little project!! I love making things like this when I travel!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna