December 19, 2018

A Perfect Day For A Party...

Brynwood Needleworks - Chickadee Ornament For Exchange
 
Today was the annual Christmas Gathering for our Primitive Gatherings Sit & Sew Group. Again, we met at Lisa Bongean's beautiful home, and we had a great time. 

I made this ornament on Monday to take along for the ornament exchange. I put a silver cord on it right after I took this photo. The little chickadee has legs a little longer than I originally planned, so I'll shorted them up before I make a pattern to share with you later this week.

I don't have a group photo yet, but as soon as I get one, I'll share that, too. Perhaps I can have it by the time I post the ornament pattern.

Jeeter Bongean

Lisa's dog, Jeeter, always greets the ladies when we arrive. After, he hopped onto the window seat, and sunned himself to sleep. Jeeter is a sweet guy, and you know I couldn't resist patting him and saying hello before I went to join the ladies. 
Oh, and I wouldn't be much of a needleworker/quilter if I didn't mention the gorgeous quilting on the cushion pad. It's about eight feet long, covering a long bench in front of big windows that look out onto the lake. It really is a perfect place for a dog to act like a cat, soaking up the sun. If it hadn't been for a party in progress, I would have joined him! Of course, when I got home, Tag gave me the fifth degree. (That boy doesn't miss much.)

I'm feeling much better, so I'll be making jammies in the studio today. I'll share fabric selections with you tomorrow, so even though I won't share full images until after Christmas, you'll see what I've chosen to sew. 

I'm off to grab a cup of Handsome's delicious morning coffee, and then you can find me in the studio. If you're on Facebook, I won't be around much today. Lots to do! I'll see you here tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Wool Chckadee ornament. You always are amazing with everything you create and accomplish. Jeeter is loving that glorious sunshine...and to be able to lay on such a beautiful bench quilt...Aaahhh. Sunshine for you to feel better dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna