December 3, 2018

Celebrating...

Brynwood Cutout Cookies

I'm celebrating today. I finished the six dozen cookies Saturday to take to the party, and still had two dozen left for home. I fooled around with the icing for our cookies, and actually liked how they turned out! No pressure, just playing.

Brynwood Cutout Cookies - Final Version
 
These were my final party cookies. Royal icing takes practice, which I definitely haven't done, so they ended up cute, but not perfect, by any means. I'm happy with how they turned out, but if I do cutouts again, I'm going with the traditional frosting, and just make them yummy. Too much pressure if I use the royal icing.
 
The party was great fun. Games, about a dozen guests who brought their cute and delicious cookies, and well worth the drive home in a snowstorm. I'm so glad I went. Time with sisters (pictures on one of my sister's camera, waiting to be downloaded), nieces and their friends. Another cookie exchange under my belt.

 
Today is my BIRTHDAY!!! Handsome and I are going to celebrate together. We have a little trip planned, and will have lunch overlooking Lake Michigan. I'm looking forward to spending a relaxing day with him. 
 
The Beatles "When I'm 64" is running through my head. How the heck did that happen so fast? I sure don't feel more than about 50. Well, maybe a little more than 50. lol I'm going to close now. I've got some partying to do!

DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. The biscuits look delicious.Happy Birthday dear Donna have a wonderful day with handsome,make it count.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day with hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Dear! Your Polar Bear cookies are perfect. When I turned 64 (gosh it was a long time ago already!) my daughter threw me a surprise Beatles party with that theme song! It was a blast and she outdid herself! Enjoy your day with Handsome and keep celebrating every day. Happy Birthday to YOU...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! And you even have a special song just for the occasion. Enjoy your outing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Dear Donna! I am so glad that Handsome is thoroughly recovered and able to take you out to enjoy your birthday. You are so special. Your posts mean so much to me each day and I want to thank you for the time you put into keeping your blog going. I hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies look really good! Happy Birthday a little late! I hope it was a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna