December 2, 2017

Like A White Wing Dove...

Dove-Shaped Cutout Cookies

Just Kinda Almost like a white wing dove. 

My six dozen cookies are done for the Sunday Cookie Exchange! I haven't made a cutout cookie since I was a little kid, so I'm thinking I was pretty bold to assume I could just channel Sweet Ambs without any practice.

Truthfully? I'm exhausted by my first effort. The cookies are really tasty. I used this recipe from In Katrina's Kitchen blog, and love everything about it. I let them sit over night before decorating them.

Dove-shaped Cookies With Eyes
 
I've been watching video tutorials for quite a long time, so I had just enough knowledge to be dangerous. It took me about four hours to decorate six dozen cookies. They're not gorgeous, but they're kind of pretty and the do taste good thanks to the recipe I linked for you.

I had completed icing the first two dozen cookies, and then I sprinkled sparkling sugar on the still-wet icing. I set those aside and started icing the next dozen. When the icing on the first cookies was hard set, I added eyes...and immediately regretted it. I just didn't like them. The last four dozen cookies didn't get eyes.

Party - and my Birthday - is tomorrow. I'll get pictures of everyone's cookies to share, too. I can feel the added pounds already. sigh

Happy Weekend, Friends.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Your cookies are lovely! Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Dove cookies and the sparkling sugar makes them extra special...just like YOU. Happy Birthday tomorrow and enJOY every minute and beyond. Cookie Exchange Bliss...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies are beautiful and am sure tasty. Wish I was in your cookie exchange so I could bring some of your cookies home with me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna