December 9, 2017

Corgi On...

Corgi Embroideries

I hit a wall Wednesday. I got through seventeen of twenty one thread changes required to stitch out just one of these sweet Corgi designs on my Destiny, when the threads were so bunged up underneath that I knew I'd never finish the design. I cut my losses (and my thread) and pulled the fabric out of the hoop. Next stop, my studio trash receptacle.

This design has tripped me up more than once, so you know I must really love it to keep going back to it. But, I especially needed them for a Christmas commission I'm making for a client, so I had to come up with a permanent solution to this issue.

I use a program on my Mac called Embrilliance for cataloguing and manipulating my embroidery design files, and I really like it. I seemed to remember that they now have a special module for dealing with just these issues. I went to their website, and there it was...Density Repair Kit.

I read through the item description to make sure it would help with my issues, placed and paid for my order, and thankfully, it was an immediate download that installed right into my Embrilliance program. I entered my serial number, provided on my order confirmation, and I was in business.

Less than twenty minutes later, I'd dealt with the overabundance of threads (especially in the face and muzzle area), transferred the design into Destiny, and crossed my fingers.

Embroidery and Brynwood Badge Detail
 
Voila! Stitched out my Corgi, not once, but twice, so now I can make the tote and wallet for my client. Now that I got that part finished, I went right on to sewing the tote together. I'll finish both of them today, and then I can turn my attention to my Christmas sewing.

Here's my standard disclaimer: I was in no way compensated for my mention, endorsement or extreme happiness with the Embrilliance program for my Mac, nor for the Density Repair Kit module from the same company. I paid full price for the programs (just like everyone else). I'm just a big fan. There. That's out of the way. Now I can get back to the fun stuff. 
 
Tomorrow is the second Sunday in Advent. I'll be lighting my first (again) and second candles of our Advent wreath, as I say my special prayers. As always, I'll share a Bible verse with you tomorrow, and be back with project photographs on Monday. Enjoy your weekend, my dears. We'll have snow, but Tag and I will be toasty warm as we enjoy our Christmas tree lights here at the farm.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. You triumphed in the face of adversity and frustration...well done! Gorgeous Corgi embroidery dear. Stitch On...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, I can hardly imagine anyone doing all you do so well - a true professional!
    Still loving my wallet here in rainy Florida,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna