December 23, 2017

Jammies For The Boy...

 
Grammie's Jammies For Grandson - Fly Detail

We had another great evening last night, this time at our elder son's home. We were there to celebrate our grandson's Birthday. In addition to taking his Birthday gift, we took along his jammies for Christmas Eve. (We'll see them again on Christmas Day, so it was good we took them with us today.) Better yet, was that we were able to see him open the package and react to his gifts.

This is the first year I've sewn a fly into the pajama pants. (I wonder why I hadn't done this a few years ago!) Although I haven't sewn one before, the pattern was detailed and it was simple to do.

Grammie's Jammies - Pocket Detail

The pattern also called for side pockets, making these pj pants almost "loungers", instead of simple sleep pants. His reaction upon opening it couldn't have been nicer. He loved the soft fabric, and thought the print was great.

Grammie's Jammies

Then, he went upstairs and put them on to model them for me us. Every year, our grandkids' parents email or text the measurements to me. Again, the jammies were a perfect fit. I also add enough to the length so that the hems can be let down, leaving room for growth. 

It was such a relaxing night with family, and the holidays aren't over yet. We're looking forward to more time with them, and with friends, before Handsome has to head back to Florida. 
 
Today, one of our friends is coming to take our "official" 2017 Christmas/New Year card photos. We always enjoy that, and we've got some good ideas for location and theme. I'll let you know how it goes!

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Very handsome Grandson in his 2017 Christmas lounging pants. Great job Donna. Merry Christmas to all...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna