December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas!...

Web Image

I'm spending the day with family today, but I wanted to drop in and wish you a very Merry Christmas from our family to yours.

I also wanted to show you two new jams I made over the weekend. They're both meant to be poured over cream cheese or (my favorite) goat cheese, and served with your favorite crackers.

Cranberry Jalapeno Jam

Cranberry Jalapeno Jam is tart with just a hint of heat. I found the recipe by searching the internet. This one calls for apple cider vinegar, but I used white wine vinegar, making it just a bit less sweet.

Garlic-Onion Jelly

This recipe for Garlic-Onion Jelly is another winner from my online friend, Mary Marshall over at Cooking with Mary and Friends. It's not just another pretty jelly, either. It's so delicious.

Neither of these recipes takes a long time to prepare or process. (Just remember to use gloves when working with the jalapenos!)

These will be on our table today as we gather to celebrate the reason for the season. I hope today fills your heart and home with love and laughter...and that blessings abound for you and yours.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Tasty looking jam and jelly. Best holiday wishes to you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and yours a joyous Christmas and a happy healthy 2018.lots of love Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Merry Christmas Dear. Your newest jellies look Beautful and sound delicious. I also like goat cheese. Merry Christmas to YOU and Yours...XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna