December 20, 2017

Back In The Studio...

Living Room Console
 
I'm back in the studio, making jammies for our grandchildren. Handsome is settling back in at the farm and decompressing from his trip north. (He's getting acclimated to our Wisconsin weather, too. Thankfully, it's been mild since he got here.)
 
I waited with the last decorating touch until he got home. Each year, we unpack his parents' vintage Santa mug and pitcher set. We keep it stored in the same turkey box that once held a Thanksgiving bird from his dad's employer (UPS). I purposely waited until he got home to set it out.
 
I added the inside compass and console on the north wall of the living room after he left for Florida, so he hadn't seen it until got back home. It seemed the perfect place to display our Santa set. We'll serve egg nog or hot, spiced apple cider in them when we visit with friends and family in the next week.
 
I'll be finishing the jammies for our kiddos today, and wrapping them to give to them in time for Christmas Eve. I will have a few other projects to finish before Christmas, but they'll be projects that won't cause any pressure on our end. We want to be sure to enjoy each others company while he's home, and the reason for the season. It really is about family for us.
 
For now, I'm setting up my serger and getting after it right away this morning. I'll share photos tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna, so glad to see you closing in on good times with everything falling into place. Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Santa set. Somewhere back in the mists of time, my memory sees these mugs somewhere....lost now, but I know that it is familiar to me. Maybe a relative had a set at one time. Lovely display.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna