November 29, 2016

Willodel Whimsy...

Brynwood Needleworks - Willodel Birdhouse

I finally have a beautiful Willodel creation. My large birdhouse recently arrived and it was everything I hoped it would be. Lucinda Macy is the creative mind behind these beautiful, whimsical pieces, and everything she makes is fabulous.

Brynwood Needleworks - Willodel Birdhouse Detail

I'm sure you've noticed some of the details already, but here are a few of my favorite touches. There is a tiny acorn embellishment at the roof peak, that's a handcarved piece. The main body of the birdhouse is a wonderful aspen, that's silky smooth to the touch.

Brynwood Needleworks - Willodel Birdhouse Detail
 
There's also an acorn cap that serves as a little light fixture at the front door. While all the little adornments combine for a sweet, but so functional, birdhouse. It's sealed and sturdy for outdoor use, with a cleanout door in the bottom to get it ready for the next nesting season. Now, to decide where I can place it (in a sheltered spot) at the farm.

Brynwood Needleworks - Willodel Product Tag

If you've never seen Lucinda's creations, you'll want to click (HERE). You'll love her magical perspective.

DonnaAcornSignature
 
Disclaimer: I have, in no way, been compensated for my post about Willodel...although I wouldn't turn down such compensation from her wonderful studio, if offered. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Donna, it's wonderful and the acorns are so special!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have now visited your link to Willodel and I adore her amazing creations. Your new aqusiion is beautiful and acorn perfect for you. I always adore whimsy. Happy Hump Day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna...that is so adorable!!! Love all the personalization. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so precious! I know you love the acorns especially! I hope you are feeling better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have really enjoyed visiting your sites and exploring you lovely, well made items, your studio and your pets! Yay for 4 paws!!
    Thank you for your purchase of the Birdhouse from Willodel and take care and HAPPY creating :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna