November 8, 2016

It Was A Very Good Day...

Brynwood Needleworks via savedbydogs.com
 
Yesterday went really well. I was up at 4 am, and out of the house by 5:15. I met my eager poll workers at our polling place at 5:45 and we got right to work. The polls opened at 7 am, closed - without incident - at 7 pm, and my assistant and I handed off our precious ballots and records by 8 pm.

My team worked like a well-oiled machine, and by the end of the evening, nearly 76% of our voters had cast their ballot (between early voting and Election Day). The fact that we were able to reconcile our books and close out our precinct in such fine form just proved how well we worked together.

I'll be sending out personal thank you notes to all my poll workers and two deputies today. Then I'm going to sit and stitch. Time to rejuvenate and rest. 

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Donna and all of your team. I am very thankful your day went well and there were no incidents. God Bless America...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did early voting. Your dedication is admirable. May God help us during the next four years. I love the pup. Bits sleeps just like a corgi. I guess in her little mind she knew her mama had loved corgi's once, but wanted a lap dog now, so she was going with a papillion. She is the most corgi like tiny dog I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna