November 6, 2023

Two Done & The Weekend...

 
I didn't stitch at all on Saturday (explanation to follow), but I settled into my needlework chair on Sunday and completed blue frog #2. 
 
Just for a bit of perspective, each frog takes about 2 hours to outline in the gold pearl purl. Once that's complete, I can begin the fun of choosing colors and types of goldwork fibers to fill them in. To fill in each frog takes me about six hours...hours that are spent thinking of nothing except what I'm working on. It's very zen and easy to get lost in the process. I need to set my alarm, or ask Handsome to remind to take a break from time to time so I straighten up, walk around a bit, and grab a snack. Otherwise, I'd be a hunched-over, hungry troll - but pleased with my completed project.

I'm going to work on the "greenies" next. I can't cut away any of the frogs to complete until all four are done so they can stay tight in the hoop, so it will likely be two days before I can send off the first two to their new homes with my giveaway winners. I think in the future, I'll just hoop up two at a time for the rest of the recipients. It will go a bit faster.

 
Now to tell you why I didn't stitch on Saturday. Handsome and I went to watch our grandson play in his final college home football game. He still has one more game - in Illinois - but this was the Senior Class recognition game. Two of his other three grandparents were also in attendance (his mom's folks), and along with his parents, we all got to walk onto the field with him for his recognition. I know you won't be shocked in the least to know that this grandma was a little teary-eyed. Good thing I had sunglasses to wear.

Our daughter-in-law took this photo of the grandparents, and his dad with our college senior. He's graduating in May with a bachelors and masters degree, so you can just imaging how proud of him we all are.


Finally, a photograph of our dear grandson with his mom and dad. We're so proud of our son and daughter-in-law, and the wonderful young man they've raised. If you thought I was a mess at this recognition event, don't even imagine the hot mess I'll be when he graduates! I'd better take a handbag filled with hankies!

That was our weekend. There's nowhere we'd have rather been on Saturday, and Sunday was restful and productive. I'm looking forward to more of the same in the studio this week. Tag will see you tomorrow, and I'll be back with updates on Wednesday. Hope you have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. The Frogs are too cute!
    Congrats to your Grandson on his accomplishments.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! As a grandparent, my eyes leak with you 😊 There's nothing like seeing our children and grandchildren grow into fine people. And, oh how it stirs the heart to be a part of their lives and celebrate their special moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh - blue froggies!!
    I can understand you being teary eyed over your grandie. He's a handsome guy and I'm sure the girls all think so too. (ps - love your new hair cut!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your grandson for completing bachelor and masters degrees while being a college athlete! That is a huge accomplishment with heavy time constraints. You should be proud and “leaking”! Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry of createology: Your Grandson is very accomplished and good looking. A Bachelor's and Masters degree all at the same graduation. WOW! I would be teary too and very proud. A wonderful young man has been raised in this difficult planet and your Son and Daughter-in-law should be very proud. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to each and everyone on your part of bringing this handsome young man
    to such wonderful accomplishments so far. You can be sure that great things are ahead of
    him. Teary and very proud are definitely in order.
    And how about that sassy short hair, you look great.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna