November 29, 2023

More Autumn Flowers...

 
I think all I need to do to finish my embroidery is to add the silk ribbon flourishes on the left side of my strawberry. I'm calling the floral section "complete". It's possible to overwork a piece, and I want to avoid that.
 
Notice the little critter I added to this one? A wooly bear! Based on the width of its center section, this wooly says it's going to be a mild winter. That's hard to believe since today it was in the 20s and started blowing as the sun set. It's not even December yet, and I'm crying "uncle!". At this rate, I'm going to get a lot of needle dancing done this winter!


Here's an angled view of the embroidery, so you can see how I added a little more dimension to this piece. I added dried hydrangeas to the rusty orange flowers, the fuzzy yellow blossoms, and my wooly bear is truly wooly - thanks to the turkey stitch I used. I'm going to be adding more wooly bears in the future. I loved doing this one!

I'm going to get my hair trimmed this morning at Wendi's, and then I'll be home to complete my work on the this so I can assemble it into a strawberry. I can't wait to show you the finished piece. I'll share the completed goldwork frog scissors fob, too! I'd better go so I can get to my appointment on time. Results of this piece and the frog tomorrow. See you then.

5 comments:

  1. It;s beautiful.
    Oh, I love the little Wooly Bear, so cute & adds a touch to it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's already a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love the little wooly bear but have to say my favourite part is the wonderful burgundy flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry of createology: This is lovely and your attention to detail is amazing. The Wooly critter is adorable. Maybe I am a Wooly creature with the width of my middle section. LOL Blessings…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet again such a beautiful color combination, and that Wooly, oh my.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna