November 22, 2023

Preparing Our Goodbyes...

 
It snowed again yesterday. Some of the white stuff is still on the ground, and it's perfect for our family's mood these days. My nieces are troopers, in spite of the soul-crushing weight of their grief. Her aunties are helping where we can, but there are some pains only a mother can soothe, and theirs is gone now. I'm sharing this photo today because it seems to be a quiet, warm scene for the end of a hard day.
 
I worked all day pulling photos from albums, as well as my online photos that will be mounted onto picture boards for her memorial service in about ten days. My sisters are doing the same so we'll have quite a collection when we get together to do the boards. 
 
I'm also responsible for the large photograph that will be framed to sit above her urn during the church service. We all agreed on a beautiful, happy photo I snapped of her on one of her visits to Florida when we lived there. It's been hard here, too - which is a massive understatement.

I have to run to town to get more photo paper first thing,  and I need to get her large photo image to a printer for framing. After I print the last of the images I've pulled, I'm going to sit down and stitch. I need to sit down and stitch. My mind can only concentrate on one thing when I put needle and thread to fabric...and that's what I'm working on. It's time for a little rest, and that's the best way to rest I know.

I've been trying to leave replies to comments over the past week, but regardless of the time I sit down to type, I frequently get a message that my reply has "failed to post". If you haven't seen a reply from me yet, that's why. I want you to know I've read every single message, and again you've warmed my heart. Thank you. I promise I'll get replies posted as soon as Blogger allows. I'll just keep trying at various times until it takes them. 

Thanksgiving will be here before I know it, and we're spending some time with our elder son and his family over the weekend. We're sharing the cooking, which will certainly lighten the load, and my spirits. The actual day, though, Handsome and I will celebrate together here at the farmhouse. I'm enjoying reading what you're planning, too, so feel free to share. 

I'll close for now. I'm going to have my morning cuppa, take care of the barn girls, and then I'll be off on my errand. The sooner I'm out, the sooner I can get back and finish my assigned task for the memorial service.

6 comments:

  1. ((((((HUGS))))))
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I repeat the sentiments from Marilyn and Mary...both are being sent to you, tenfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: Nothing is more difficult than losing a loved one. You are so good to help with all the photos and support of your nieces. I hope you are able to stitch every day if even for a wee little bit to calm your soul. Blessings dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I remember gathering pictures for my sister's memorial...it was a blessing to see all the good times we enjoyed together. To see everyone's pictures all together, we knew that she had a full life (although shorter than we expected) filled with loved ones and special memories. I hope your picture "journey" does the same for you ❤ Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings and hugs to you.
    Stitching does help to mend the soul.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna