November 3, 2023

Dancing After Dark...

 
I went to see my girlfriend (and hairdresser), Wendi yesterday and went back to my sassy short hair. No muss. No fuss, and Handsome loves it short like this, so I'm good all around. When I got home, I headed straight to my studio to work on the frogs. I stopped shortly before dinner, and then went back to this project after we finished our after-dinner chores.

So, you know me. I don't just sit around most nights. I've been working on a new strawberry sachet. This one shall be an Autumn Strawberry, stitched in all the colors of the leaves outside. Even though we got all that snow for Halloween, there are still a lot of trees clinging to their fall finery, and I hadn't done a piece to celebrate those colors yet. I decided it was time.

That means, I'm frogging around during the day and needle dancing after dark. Just perfect if you ask me. I'll be doing more of this until the winners' frogs are ready to mail out, because I have canning projects waiting for me next week.

I hadn't said anything yet, but Handsome was originally planning to leave for Florida mid-November after my ten week post-op appointment with my surgeon. Instead, he said he doesn't want to be away from me for six months, so he's going to wait until after the first of January - just like last year. Four months apart is long enough for both of us, so I'm extra happy he'll be here with us through the holidays and our anniversary. He'll be playing with four different music organizations while he's there, and they wanted him for the whole season, but that would mean he's sitting on his hands when everyone shuts down for the rest of the month, and with holiday air travel being so erratic (and the fact that I loathe flying anymore), we wouldn't opt for either one of us to fly to the other. 
 
His change of plans means he'll be here to help me with all the lifting required for my canning projects now. I still have thirty to forty pounds of potatoes, some apples, mushrooms and all those frozen tomatoes to process. The tomatoes can hold off until later as they're already frozen, but the potatoes and apples can't wait. I still have to go to the mushroom farm to get those, so I'm good there until later, too.
 
Anyway, I'll be back to working on the frogs today. All the outlining is finished on the four I already have hooped, so I get to start the really fun part next...the sparkly bits. I'll share a photo update tomorrow.  Gosh it's already Friday, and I still have loads to do. Where does the time go? 

Oh, and speaking of time...Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour when you go to bed Saturday night! It's that time of year again, but just to be sure, I'll remind you again tomorrow. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for both of you to have less time apart! As we grow older we cherish each day more... Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom." You both already "number" your days so well, filling them with much purpose; I'm glad you'll have a few more months this year to do that together. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lois:
      Thank you for sharing that verse. It's always good to remember such things. I'm very glad he's going to wait, too. Four months is always long enough. I miss him terribly, but I'm okay knowing he's doing what he loves and making music for others to enjoy.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the Autumn Strawberry.
    I'm glad for you that Handsome is holding off his trip so that you can enjoy the Holidays more.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'll share more as I make progress. I'm really glad, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. My goodness, I don't know how you and Handsome can be apart for that long, whether it be four months or six. I know RC and I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I can tell you it's not easy for me. I fret over his absence, but keep myself busy to make the time go faster.I know how much he loves making music, so it makes our separation easier. I'm always thrilled when he drives back up the road again, though.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Goodness knows you and Handsome do not want to be apart for so many months. Great he will be with you through the holidays. Happy end of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I know, dear. It's not easy at all. He'll be here through Thanksgiving, Christmas, my Birthday and our Anniversary, but he'll be in Florida for his Birthday, so we'll celebrate with him early. I'll be glad when he comes back home again...and talking with him at least once a day will make it easier. Autumn is my favorite time of year. I want more! ;-)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. It wasn't that long ago I was wondering if Handsome was going to Florida again.
    And then I see mid-November and I'm thinking whaaaat, but the Holidays are coming?
    Then I'm thinking, keep reading, keep reading, there must be more, so glad there was more.
    Frogs, needle dancing, canning, such a variety and the spice of life.
    And 'the girls' can start the New Year in the Farmhouse, oh joy.
    Have a great weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Until a couple days ago, I, too, thought mid-November. I didn't know plans changed until I overheard one of his phone conversations. He disconnected the call and said, "I decided I just can't be away from you for that long." (heart melting) We'll be busy - together - until he needs to drive south. He's not taking either of the Labs this year as he plans to be really busy. You're right. We're going to have a full house! lol
      I hope you have a great weekend, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna