March 10, 2022

Production Sewing Tuesday...

Five Adult Bib Fabric Combinations
 

I got a request at about 4:30 on Tuesday afternoon for a couple adult bibs with pockets across the bottom. I knew they would make life easier for the recipient, so I chose my fabrics, pulled the pattern from my cabinet and started cutting them out. 

Rather than just "a couple", I pulled fabric for five bibs. This is the pattern we used in Florida when our guild, the Disconnected Piecers Quilt Guild in Port Charlotte) used to make them for nursing homes and for the guild sales boutique at our quilt shows. The only difference was that the pattern didn't call for the bottom pocket. I simply measured two pieces of fabric by the width of the bib and cut the bottom curves to match the curves on the bottom of the main bib pieces. That way the pockets had linings. 

I set all the pieces up and proceeded to production-sew the five bibs, and by 10 pm Tuesday evening, all five bibs were cut, sewn, ironed, topstitched, and had the velcro closures for the neck tabs sewn in. I neatly folded, stacked, tied with a ribbon, and wrapped for the recipient.

They were delivered yesterday. I managed to take these photographs before packaging them so I could share the combinations with you. Handsome suggested at least one of them should be "whimsical fabric", so that explains the dog fabrics. Do you see the corgis? (Hint: You'll see them in the closeup photograph of the dog fabric below. They''re orange and white, and located next to black and white dogs where they appear.) Below are closeups of all the combinations.

Fruit and Navy Print Fabrics
 

Butterfly and Fern Print Fabrics
 

Shellfish and Bandana Print Fabrics
 

Whimsical Dogs and Pawprint Fabrics - See The Corgis?


Fruit and Green Print Fabrics

I'm so grateful that I'm able to accomplish a small job like this as quickly as I can for the benefit of someone else. I know they'll be used and appreciated. I've already offered to make more (which I'll likely do in the next week) so that when some are in the laundry, there are still options for clean ones to use. 

Today, I think I'll plan out a new stitching project. I'll let you see what I decide on tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. These are so nice & beautifully made.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so kind ~~ a blessing to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somewhere I remember seeing these made using men's dress shirts, but of course I can't remember where I came across it. Yours are so much nicer and I know they will be well-loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HibMA-
      I’ve seen them, too! What a nice way to use worn shirts! Thanks so much.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Your choices of fabrics is wonderful and adding the bottom pocket is a great idea. Long ago I was requested to make an adult bib and I used “oil cloth” so it was wipe clean easy. I like your pattern and fabrics and the fact that they can be laundered. You are such a giving soul Donna and I admire YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sherry-
      The pocket was a request, and I agree. That way, anything dropped is caught. I contemplated laminated fabric. I even have some, but worried mine was too heavy to use. Thanks for your kind words.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna