March 4, 2022

Hope...

Hope - Image © Youngblood
 

The weather was wonderful on Wednesday. The sun shone brightly all day, and the temperature stayed below 30º. We were happy for that because we spent most of the day trying to locate someone who might come and try to repair our freezer. No luck getting anyone here before next week...and the temps are expected to be in the 50s by Saturday.

So we did what we had to do. Upright freezers are more expensive than chest freezers, so rather than purchase another upright, we decided to purchase a 9 cu ft chest freezer. It also seems strange to purchase the same brand freezer as the one who just quit on us as only three years ol, and it certainly wasn't money we wanted to spend this way right now. However, we don't want to have to buy all new food either...or make a homeowner's insurance claim for the loss!).

Thankfully, the one we chose was in stock and it should be delivered any minute now this morning. The food that was still frozen when we realized there was a problem, stayed frozen in our coolers on the porch overnight and through the day yesterday. The food that was starting to thaw fit into our upstairs freezer, so that's saved, too.

We'll switch everything into the new freezer as soon as it's up to temp, and we'll schedule a repair for the upright for next week without having to panic over a delay. 

Of course, all this telephoning, etc. preempted any needlework today, so my sweet bear still waits in pieces for me to finish her. I'll see if I am able to do that later today. We have hair appointments right in the middle of the day (after the freezer is delivered), so I'll do my best.

I'm asking that you lift prayers (or good thoughts, if you're not a prayerful person), for two people we love very much. I received a message from my dear niece mid-day, saying she'd gone to the hospital and needed urgent care. Her sister contacted me after dinner to tell me we were fortunate she was able to get to the hospital and quickly treated. They'll keep me updated as they know more in the coming days.

The second person - a dear friend - called for help late last night. She'd fallen and couldn't get up on her own. I got to her home and knew we needed an ambulance right away. EMTs were at her door within minutes of me calling "911", and took her to the hospital. I'm praying really hard for her right now, so I don't worry. I know you can do one or the other, but not both. All of us who love her are praying for her complete recovery. 

It seemed appropriate to use this image today. We have so much to be grateful for, and events like today remind me to live each day fully. I'm going to count my blessings as I go about the rest of this week. 

10 comments:

  1. Glad your food can all be saved.
    Yes, we are very fortunate.
    Prayers for your friends.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Multiple crises averted yesterday. We were all very fortunate, mostly because those we love will be okay.
      Thank you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I will pray for both. Life’s trials remind us how precious each day is to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bonnie. We really appreciate your prayer.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Prayers, indeed, for both of your loved ones! Like Bonnie commented above, these trials remind us how precious each day is! When our loved ones encounter challenges - physical or emotional or anything - it makes our "freezer trials" seem trivial. (That's not to belittle your freezer frustration! I've experienced a very similar freezer situation and know how frustrating and distressing it can feel!) Here's to hoping for a bright new day today and making the most of it! (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Lois. It certainly puts everything into perspective, and you're right, the food issue paled in comparison to the health issues of our loved ones. Everything worked out for the best with the freezer situation. We've got breathing room to get it fixed now. Today was sunny, spent with another dear friend. It was wonderful, thanks.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Prayers for sure. Thank goodness your friend had access to a phone and could call for help. A good lesson there for anyone who lives alone - to always carry your phone with you.
    Glad the freezer issues have been sorted despite the hit to your bank account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MA. There was definitely a guardian angel looking over her. You're right, too, about people keeping phones handy to be able to get help quickly if they need it. The freezer will get repaired, but not out of panic now. Everything we had fit into the new chest freezer, so we've saved everything which is great. whew!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Prayers and Healing Energy for your friends. Each day is a gift and we need to be mindful of how fortunate we are. Freezers and spoiled food pale in comparison to lives. Thinking good thoughts for you dear as you go through your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sherry. I promise your prayers are deeply appreciated. You're so right. We need to embrace each day, and be grateful, and food took a far back seat to the health of our loved ones. Today was a better day with better news for both of them. Thanks again.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna