March 5, 2022

Goldwork Floral Wreath...

ClaraStitching Goldwork Wreath Class Piece

I received an email today from @clarastitching (on Instagram) with a pre-offer to her new class offerings. She's going to do another Zoom session for the Four Leaf Clover class that I took last month. When I took that class, we asked her about a piece that was behind her in her work space. The gorgeous embroidery shown above was that piece.

We asked her if she'd teach it, and if she did, to please offer it to her former students first. (We were pretty cheeky on that point, I admit.) She did just that yesterday, though. I immediately signed up and paid for my kit. I'll have the opportunity to prepare my materials prior to the start of the class in early April. 

If you're interested in taking this class, you can go to Instagram and follow @clarastitching. She'll soon offer the class to all, and you'll get signup links for both classes.

In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't get any stitching in today. I ran errands in the morning, went with Handsome for our hair appointments, and then went for a late lunch with my girlfriend, Wendi. We tried a new bar/restaurant that offered Caribbean fare, and it was delicious. We sat and visited with the owner until the after work crowd started arriving. His restaurant is in Kewaskum, WI and it's called Caribbean Joe's. (He's from Chicago, IL, and his mom grew up in Mississippi. He explained to us how he came to this specialty, let us taste his personal season blends, and then we placed our orders.

Everything he brought to us was fabulous. Some was spicy hot, and others were flavored with the perfect blend of seasonings to compliment the dish. I had what I think was the best mac and cheese I've ever had. I'll definitely order that again (when I take Handsome to check it out).

Wendi and I sat and visited for a couple of hours, so I got home in time to air the dogs before Handsome got home. I think I told you about him slipping on the ice a week ago. When he went to Urgent Care right after the event to say he was in pain, they sent him home with meds, but they never did x-rays.

Handsome got his hair cut before me, so after he "got his ears lowered" he went bakc to Urgent Care to find out why he still hurt. They did x-rays, which revealed that he actually has two broken ribs. I felt so bad for him. The doctor sent him home with a new pain killer prescription, and instructions for a bit of breathing therapy to help him. 

We also kept track of our two loved ones who were hospitalized yesterday. My niece is stabilized now, and will be hospitalized and monitored over the weekend. She'll possibly go home on Monday. They'll determine that after Sunday.

Our friend has been admitted to the hospital, too. She was diagnosed as having an "ischemic stroke" last night. I had to look it up, and my search revealed good explanations. She had speech therapy today and her husband said she did well. We're waiting to see if she will regain use of her left side, and what we can expect for that issue. She's in her early fifties, so we're praying that she heals completely from this scary diagnosis. 

Thank you to all who lifted prayers at my request. We all appreciate it, and know that every prayer is heard and answered. We know their families are grateful, too.

Oh!! before I go, remember the opossum photos I shared last week? Well, the little black one is sleeping in the Compass Barn during the day. It seems that my concerns about him (or her?) being bullied by the cats were unfounded. They're all in the barn together, and they're not bothering each other one bit. Cool, right? 

I'll get back to the teddy bear soon enough, and you know I'll share photographs as soon as she's finished. I'm going to have a little coffee and then go out and feed my girls and their house guest. See you tomorrow with my Sunday post.

6 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful embroidery, for sure.
    Sounds like you had a busy day.
    Prayers for your loved ones, & Handsome too!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Clara is one talented (young) needleworker! I'm glad to support her business as I learn new techniques. She's a wonderful instructor.
      Thanks so much for your prayers. I know they're heard.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry that Handsome cracked himself - that's not good. No wonder he's been in pain!
    Must admit I am stunned by that amazing goldwork design (partially because of that incredible blue/green).
    Good to know that there's improvement happening for those who are ill. Prayers are definitely a good thing!
    And what fun to know that opossums and kitties get along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      My man sure keeps me on my toes, but he's a wonderful caregiver when I need it, too. We tell folks, "It's what we do." I'm trying to do as much as possible for him so he can heal well.
      I'm so excited to take another class from Clara. Like you, she had me at "blue/green"...and sparkle! Monday's post has updates on our loved ones and their healing status. Finally, I couldn't be more happy to know that the girls and Otis are at least not harming each other. That's the best outcome.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Healing Energy for all…including Handsome and his broken ribs. A pillow held in front of him will be his new best friend…I know after having my own broken, bent, and displaced rib. Hubby had three broken ribs at one time. The pain is immense! I hope you have time to finish your sweet little bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your healing wishes and energy, dear Sherry. I'll pass along the tip about the pillow. Coughing and sneezing almost make him pass out, and Lord knows he's too big for me to pick up off the floor! We wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. I'm sorry you're familiar with it, too. Bear's finished and named. Reveal in Monday's post.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna