March 14, 2022

Slow Going...

Progress On My Petit Point Project

I've spent at least six hours on this so far, and have approximately four square inches of stitched background to show for it. This is going to take a while.

My Needlework Spot

This is my stitching spot in the studio. I have a great view of our yard and beyond. I was tickled to watch the Barn Girls and the BIG GREY opossum snuffling around in the yard today. Otis was content to stay curled up in Crystal's bed in the barn. 

I'll continue stitching on this, but don't think I'll update you on every, little section. I'll share more when I have a lot more finished. Tag will be back tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Donna, that is truly a labor of love for the person for whom you are stitching/finishing this piece... it will surely be beautiful and the black that you have completed already makes the other colors begin to pop. But, I have to confess, I'm such an impatient person and so love to see progress come more quickly, I would probably take one look at the project and say, "Yup, that background fabric looks great as it is." LOL! A definite labor of love...and that makes it so much more enjoyable! I know they will be thrilled with the finished piece! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needlepoint is beautiful, but takes time.
    It will be so pretty when done.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, I didn't realize it was petit point! I don't envy you on this one (although it's going to be so beautiful when it's done). Methinks it's one of those projects that will be a slog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The choice of black for the background is perfect. This will be stunning. This is truly a Labor of Love and an heirloom piece in the completing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna