March 23, 2022

Good To Know...

Low Carb Snack List

Whether decluttering, creating in my studio, or working in the kitchen, I’m also trying to be more conscientious about what I put in my mouth throughout the day. I’m really trying to make healthier choices. (I’m not counting the occasional morning donut, or homemade treat.)

I came across this great list, and knew right away I’d be sharing it with my readers, just in case someone else might find it useful. 

What are your favorite healthy snacks? I’d love to know. Something I can have anytime - guilt-free - would be especially nice. 

I went to see Shelly yesterday afternoon. She’s doing really well. She has at least two - three weeks of hospital care ahead of her, but she’s working really hard to get her left side moving. It was so nice seeing her, and we’re all looking forward to her being able to come home soon. Continued prayers are appreciated. 

8 comments:

  1. I do love carrots, but do not eat healthy as often as should, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danice:
      I love carrots, too! I'm trying to eat healthier, and lose a few pounds. It's an ongoing challenge.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I like to snack on carrots, dried Apricots, & Dates, love them!
    Thanks for the list!
    Prayers for Shelly.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, Marilyn. I know she appreciates your good wishes. I'm going to print out a copy of this list and put it on the fridge to remind me. It's so easy to grab the chips and dip. Harder for me to behave. I'm a huge fan of mixed nuts, too, and at least those are healthier than the chips. (I love carrots, too!)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Our snack is generally a few almonds...Resident Chef gussies them up sometimes with either a sweet or a savory coating. We generally don't snack after 7 pm and only have dessert on the weekends. I think the not eating after 7 pm is probably the best thing we do. Breakfast is usually around 9 so the time between 7 pm and 9 am counts as fasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I like your process. We usually eat our dinners at 7 pm. I'm not a big breakfast fan, but I'm trying to begin my days healthier, eat a light lunch, and stay out of the fridge in between. No snacks after dinner, and no desserts except on the weekends would be wise. Thanks for the info!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing this list. I had forgotten many of the good combinations we need to be eating. Shelly must be so happy you visited her. I am lifting prayers and continued healing energy for her to regain her strength and health. May you enjoy Spring weather dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dear Sherry:
      I love this list. I agree, it's good to be reminded. Thank you so much for your prayers for Shelly. She's doing really well, and I was so happy to see her. I'm looking forward to our next visit...and of course, coming home. I know her husband is missing her terribly.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna