March 30, 2022

Coming Soon...

New Fabrics Heading To The Shop This Week
I'm sorting fabrics again, and this is just a sampling of some of the yardage that will be heading to my Etsy shop very soon.

My sister, Di came over on Monday, asking that I do my second least favorite task in the entire crafting world for her. Of course, I sucked it up and said "yes". She came out to the farmhouse with tracing fabric and a pattern that she wants to sew for her farmer's market booths. She's going to be making aprons for children and adults, so there were multiple parts and pieces to trace onto her stabilizer-type fabric.

I stood at my cutting table (and then moved down to the kitchen island), tracing all the lines, pattern marks and information onto each piece while we visited. It was great spending the time with her, and she really was grateful, but I was gassed by the time we were finished. 

(BTW-My least favorite task is cutting out pattern pieces prior to sewing garments - or anything really - together.)

I hugged her and said I'd see her later in the week, grabbed my cuppa, and put my feet up for a while. Once I'd rested a bit, Tag told you how we went on a short hike. It was a beautiful day for it, and I was glad to have done it - the favor for my sister and the walk.

I'm working on pulling together all our tax documents this week, but I'm going to list up fabric when I take breaks from the bookwork. I'll start with a few of these today, and add more as the week progresses. Who knows? You might find something you can't live without! 

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day with your sister.
    (even though you don't like to cut!)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It's always fun to spend time with Di. She's got a wicked sense of humor, and I love that we share some creative pursuits in common...sewing, crochet, gardening/canning, and baking. She has a home bakery where she creates the most wonderful things for family and farmer's markets. She's awesome.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. We just cannot say no to family or friends. However we are so grateful to be able to do these things for them. Taxes get easier when you get older and have no income! Ask me how I know…LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I agree, my dear. You're right about the taxes part, too. We're in the same boat.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh the much-dreaded taxes! Not my favourite jobs so I take everything to a tax firm and let them figure it out. Worth every penny I pay them.
    Those are such pretty fabrics but postage costs would be astronomical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It takes less and less time to pull together each year, but it's a task I loathe. Especially when you get to watch our hard-earned money squandered by government. ugh Like you, I'm pulling papers and information together to send off to our tax firm. They love that I wait until last minute most years. (Not really) You're right about the postage rates, too. It's crazy expensive. Sorry.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna