March 17, 2022

Look What I Found...

Acorn & Oak Leaf Dresser

While perusing Marketplace last weekend, I came across this dresser. See the motif? It matches the motif on the bed I purchased and painted last fall! Handsome and I picked this piece up yesterday, and will add it to our bedroom set.

I haven't decided yet whether or not I'll paint it white. My thinking is that the top (which is scratched) will be painted, and I'm going to change out the hardware to update the look. I may end up painting it white, but I'm not inclined to completely cover the wood. I'm going to start with a good cleaning and make decisions from there. 

The weather was unseasonably warm yesterday for Wisconsin. It was 62º! If the weather stays like this for a few more days, I'll be able to get some work done on this piece while it's still out in the garage. Fingers crossed.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

4 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful dresser.
    The weather was gorgeous yesterday.
    Windows open!
    Hope today is as nice, but I think it's going to rain some, but that will melt the remaining snow.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thank you. It was nice here, too, but not quite "window open" weather for us. It's raining now, but I'm so glad the huge glacier in front of the Compass Barn doors is finally gone.
      Happy Weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such a great find! It's going to be fun to see what you end up doing with it.
    Lucky you to have warm temps - we're supposed to be getting warmer as the weekend nears, but right now it's still sitting at barely above freezing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I was so tickled to find it! I told her all I needed was the upright version. She told me she had one, but the bottom drawer was broken so she just gave that one away! arrrrgh I'll have to keep looking.
      Stay warm, dear. Our snow is disappearing, but it's cold again here. brrrr
      Happy Weekend,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna