March 7, 2022

Meet Bryn Rose...

Bryn Rose Bear

She's finished and she has a name. "Bryn Rose" is my first finished, embroidered teddy bear. In the next month, I'll create a companion for her - a boy bear. For now, I'm just going to enjoy seeing this sweet girl sitting in my studio. 

My niece left the hospital yesterday, and is taking a one month leave from work to continue healing. We're very grateful for your prayers, and know they made a difference. We're going to continue prayers until she's fully healed.

Our dear friend and neighbor, Shelly, is the second person for whom I requested prayers. She has a long road to healing, but we're all optimistic. She's still in the hospital as her doctors and physical therapists work up a plan to rehabilitate from her stroke. Of course, Handsome and I will do whatever we can to help her and Andy once she's back home. I'm humbly asking for your continued prayers for her. 

I've named our current resident opossum, Otis Redding. He's been here all weekend, sleeping in Crystal's shelter. She has other places to sleep and stay warm, so it's no big deal. We're happy to help support him through the rest of this winter.

So, I think you're up to date on all the important news here at the farmhouse. Tag is supposed to post tomorrow, but he's moving to Wednesday. I have a special tribute, and it needs to be published tomorrow. I asked Tag and he doesn't mind. We hope you don't mind either.

See you tomorrow!

13 comments:

  1. Continued prayers for your niece & neighbor.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Marilyn. We appreciate it very much.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Keeping your niece and Shelly in my prayers. Bryn Rose is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bonnie. We're so grateful, and I'm glad you like my little bear. I'm so chuffed at how she turned out.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Continued hope for healing for your niece and your neighbour.
    And Bryn Rose is wonderful and will be a great companion in your studio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MA.
      They both can feel your prayers as they continue to heal. I smile every time I look at Bryn Rose. I'm looking forward to creating her companion very soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Continued prayers for your niece and for Shelly. Bryn Rose is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Wanda!
      Thank you so much for your prayers. My niece is home now, and we're hopeful Shelly will be able to return home soon, too. We're all grateful for healing prayers. I'm so glad you like Bryn Rose. She was so much fun to create. Thanks also for leaving a message for me today. It's nice hearing from you!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Bryn Rose is so beautiful! God has blessed you with a great talent! I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Marit.
      You're making me blush. Thank you also for your prayers. I know they're heard.
      Gratefully,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Bryn Rose is so very sweet. Prayers and Healing Energy for your Niece and for Shelly. I know how connected you and Handsome are to Andy and Shelly and will help all you can. Remember the sweet Bunny scissor holder you created? How about an Easter Bunny with sweet embroidery? Love and Care…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry:
      Thanks so much! You're so right about our connection. I did get a request today, and immediately got to work. I'll share the story and photographs soon. I DO remember the scissor bunny (Harris The Tweed Rabbit)! I think an Easter bunny would be fun! Thanks for the idea, girlfriend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna