March 8, 2022

Special Birthday Wishes...

My Dad - circa 1993
 

Tag will post tomorrow, because I wanted to use today (rather than yesterday or tomorrow) to write this one. I know you understand.

He would have been 89 today. If you're a young person that will seem old to you. If you're his daughter in her late 60's, it means he left us too soon. It's been nearly two years since he passed.

I know many of you have lost one or both of your parents, or someone else you loved deeply. Today, I feel the loss with you. But, I also celebrate the life of the man I knew as "Dad". 

 

Where I Got My Love Of Motorcycles

I'm saddened that I can't call him on the telephone and make plans for lunch. I can't bake a cake for him and load it up with candles you could see from outer space, just to see his smile and hear his laughter as he blew them all out in one breath. To hear him tell me one more time, "Donnie, I loved you longest."

Instead, I'll imagine he strolls the Streets of Gold, watching over me and the rest of his children and grandchildren. I'll imagine he's visiting with Grandma, Grandpa, his brother and cousins. I'll imagine he holds hands with both of my sisters-in-law who were all too young when they went to make a place for him. Finally, I'll imagine the celebrations he shares with the One who gives Life Eternal. 

Imagining all those things makes being here without him a little easier. He's always on my heart and mind, but today, I'll think of him and whisper again how much I miss him. I hope it's a long time before I actually see him again, but I know when I'm called, he'll be there to greet me.

Happy Heavenly Birthday, Dad. 

I love you.

Your #1

6 comments:

  1. Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Dad.
    ((((((HUGS))))))
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birth Day in heaven to your Dad. I'm sure, if you light a candle or two here, that he'll see them and feel blessed to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birth Day to your Dad in Heaven. He watches over you with his love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna