February 10, 2021

"Everlasting"...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Version - Primitive Gatherings' "Everlasting" Blocks
 
Now I'm setting up my blocks from the Wool Boxes from Primitive Gatherings. There are twenty four in all, so I have a little way to go. I have six finished so far.

You'll notice from looking at the pattern next to each of my blocks that I've changed the two buildings above, so they resemble our farmhouse (on the top left), and our Compass Barn (on the top right). I'll add the porch rail to the farmhouse when I do the embroidery. I'll also add the wagon wheels and compass to the barn when I embroider that block. (I'll probably add two black Labradors and a wee Corgi in front of the barn, too.)
 
Brynwood Needleworks - My Version - Primitive Gatherings' "Everlasting" Blocks

You can see from looking at these two blocks, that a lot of the details will be embroidered. I'm looking forward to starting these, but I'm going to finish setting up the other twenty first. That's what I'll be doing again today. 
 
It's so cold outside that even the dogs aren't asking to go out, so I can get a lot accomplished during the day. I begin by feeding Tag and Bella. I go outside to put birdseed into the feeders for all the little birds trying to stay warm. Lastly, I head to the Compass Barn where mama cat is currently residing with her two kids. I make sure they've got food and water, and I moved the crate - filled with straw - over on top of my southern workbench (there's a window there). The sun's been out, and when I check on them during the day, they're lolling around on top of the crate in the sunshine. I'm doing my best to keep them warm, and it seems to be working. Then, I have my morning coffee...and smile.

Embrace the good. Find reasons to be joyful.
I love and appreciate all of you.

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. I like how you personalize the blocks & make them your own.
    This is going to be so pretty.
    I am keeping up feeding the birds also, feel bad for them, it's so cold lately.
    My husband plows all 5 driveways with the neighbors Deere plow while they are wintering in FL with their permission.
    One neighbor bought over a big bag of bird food for us to thank us. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much for the note. How wonderful of your hubby to help your neighbors. He's like our neighbor, Andy. They're both godsends. <3
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I think it's perfect that you plan to use your own special places (and family members) - I imagine this feels so soft and wonderful to work on.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much for your comment. By changing them up just a little, I can be assured that there isn't another quilt exactly like mine even though hundreds of people make the same pattern. The ground fabric on this one is flannel, and of course, the applique' is wool. It's wonderfully soft to work on. I can't wait to get started!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I love your blocks and that you have personalized the house and barn as your own. I'm working on my first quilt with wool and have found the experience interesting. I'm not much for embroidery but I do love the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen:
      If I may offer one suggestion for you. I only use a fusible called "Soft Fuse Premium". I love that it's lightweight, and it doesn't gum up my needles. The other stuff is really difficult to work with, and I need to keep alcohol wipes (the little squares you can purchase at the pharmacy for diabetics) to keep my needles clean. Hope this helps. Enjoy!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna