February 12, 2021

Flowers and Fawn...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings' "Seaside Garden" Mat

This is one of the pieces I worked on yesterday. I received the kit in one of the Wool Boxes last spring. I'll be stitching this so I have it ready for this spring.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings' "New Beginning" Pincushion

I also did the preparation for this little fawn pincushion. Of course, I changed the color of the deer to a more reddish color, reminiscent of the color of our spring fawns in Wisconsin. I'll get this one finished soon, too.
 
I'm visiting and stitching with my girlfriend, Kathy D. today, so these are the two projects I'll be working on. (The pincushion won't take that long for me to flesh out.) 
 
My leg is doing really well. I changed my bandages today so I could clean the wound and make sure I didn't have any infection started. Gratefully, there wasn't so much as a bruise or discoloration. whew! If you're really curious about what happened, you can go to the comment section from yesterday's post, where I give the details to my friend, MA. As I said to her, "I'm such a klutz!". Going forward, I'm definitely going to be more careful with all the sharp objects in my studio.

DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. These are so pretty.
    Have fun today!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn. It was a really lovely day with my girlfriend. Hope you had a nice day, too.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I really wish you'd stop enticing me by showing all these amazing wool projects that I so want to do but haven't room to add such things to my stash. Get thee behind me, temptation!!! (seriously - don't stop)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the giggle, MA. Be sure to enter my Valentine giveaway drawing in my Saturday post. You might even win your own wool kit! hee hee
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Glad I made you laugh! I won't be entering the giveaway (boo hoo) 'cause I'm in Canada.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna