February 4, 2021

2020 Is In The Books...

Brynwood Needleworks - 2020 Blog Books
 
I started ordering blog books every year when I started blogging, but stopped in 2014. Our internet connection seemed to hang up whenever I started the process, so I'd go on to something else and forget to try again.

I decided to get back to it, so I began with 2020, and I'll work my way back each year until I have them all. That way, if something happens with my blog, I'll still have hard copies.

Because I write every day - and keep the photographs and comments together with each post - I divide my books into two volumes. The first one contains my posts from January 1st to June 30th, and the second is July 1 to December 31st. I choose images from my blog posts for the front and back covers.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - 2020 Volume 2 Blog Book
 
Getting my blog book to print is really pretty simple. I order them from Blog2Print or it's sister company, Cutest Blog On The Block. All you have to do it enter your blog address, choose the date parameters, and wait for them to pull all the pages into a book. 

After the book is assembled, you can choose the pattern for your cover, and whether or not you want a hard or soft cover, a title, and what images you'd like for the front and back covers.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - 2020 Blog Book Inside

At that point, you also proof your copy to make sure you have the desired layout, and then you're ready to place your order. My books came back in less than two weeks, and they're really high quality. The best part was that I got a discount coupon to save 35% off the regular pricing.

I'll wait until I get another discount offer (they'll offer 40% off sometime during the year), and catch up with another year I've missed. By the end of the year, I should have every year printed  since I began my daily musing since 2009.

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Catherine:
      It's really a nice way to save blog posts for posterity.
      Thanks for your note.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      This way, I can read without turning on my computer. ;-)
      Thanks for your note.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. What a clever idea! Don't suppose this is a service available in Canada though, but I might look into it just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna Dear your Blog Books are leaving quite a legacy for your family. Such a wonderful idea. I love your daily postings and sharings of your amazing talents. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna