February 17, 2021

Let's Dance...

Brynwood Needleworks - 2021 Primitive Gatherings Designs

Needle dancing, that is.
 
I'll be stitching with the Sewcial Sisters in Menasha today. I set up some of Lisa Bongean's designs from a recent Wool Box to work on. Now I wish I were still subscribed for future boxes! I have so many projects to do from the last two years of Wool Boxes, I decided to give someone else my spot. (Lisa limits the box subscriptions, so she always has a waiting list.)
 
I'll just have to wait longer to get the rest of the designs. I love the colors she's chosen for this line. 

I've completed the stitching on the Seaside Garden table mat, too. I'll share that one with you tomorrow. It really turned out pretty.


Now, if you don't know about it, there's still time to enter my "Be My Valentine" giveaway. Entries close at 11 pm Saturday evening. You can go to my giveaway post HERE to enter. (US and Canada only, please. I love my overseas friends, but I know you'll understand that the postage costs have skyrocketed, making it ridiculously expensive to ship anything. I'm so sorry.)

It looks like our deep freeze may be on its way out. We're expecting warmer weather for the rest of this week. (Don't get too excited. I think we'll still be under 30º F., but that's a lot better than -10º!!!) 
 
I'm praying for my friends in Texas who are experiencing both frigid temps and a grid failure. At least we have reliable heat and lights. Some people have moved out to their vehicles and are running them 10-11 hours at a time in an effort to stay warm. Please keep them in your thoughts, too.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. It comes out beautifully, I’ll come back tomorow to see more of it! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine:
      We had so much fun visiting yesterday. I completed the Seaside Garden table mat (shown tomorrow), and bought the rest of the threads I needed to work on these. I'll probably get to them later this week or on the weekend.
      Thanks for visiting!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blocks.
    Have fun with your stitching sisters!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn:
      I was a lovely day for a drive up the valley, and we had a great time visiting. Such a nice group of ladies.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Such pretty pieces to needle dance with - I'm sure it must be a lovely slow waltz. As for running vehicles to keep warm - that's hugely dangerous. Heard on the news last night that a woman and her child died from carbon monoxide doing that. Very scary situation for so many people in that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, MA:
      Hearing that just breaks my heart. People must be desperate in that cold weather with no other alternatives in sight. I hope something changes soon!
      I didn't get to work on these today, but I did finish my table mat. Now I can use it!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna