February 8, 2021

Setting Them Up...

Brynwood Needleworks - 9 of 12 Primitive Gatherings Summer 2016 Freebie Blocks
 
I didn't spend my weekend stitching, but I did spend it planning ahead. I was tidying up the studio and going through my wool projects. I came across all the Primitive Gatherings' Summer 2016 free blocks. I decided this was as good a place to start as any.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - 9 Down. 3 To Go,

There are twelve 5-1/2" (finished) blocks to do. I figured that because setting the blocks up is usually the most time-consuming part of a wool project, I would spend time doing just that. Then, when I want to sit and stitch, all I'll have to do is grab a box and start needle dancing.

I'm going to do the same with a number of other kits I have waiting to be done, and I'll end up with a real selection to play with. Once these twelve blocks are stitched, I'll set up a center block and the sashing for this one, and I'll end up with a lovely wall quilt when all is said and done. 

I have to say that just completing this portion of the project feels like a real accomplishment. I can see what the blocks will look like, and just concentrate on adding fun threads and stitches to make it my own. I can see many fun hours in my future.

Come back this week. I've decided to have a Valentine's Giveaway for my readers. I hope you'll decide to join in the fun! See you later. (Tag will be here tomorrow.)
 
DonnaAcornSignature

9 comments:

  1. It is going to be very nice, I will come back to have a look at your work.
    Wishing you a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine:
      Thanks! It's nice to have you visit.
      Blessings,
      Donna
      xo

      Delete
  2. All of those blocks are so pretty, & will make a beautiful quilt.
    Have fun with them!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm loving the colors! I had an order to stitch and get out today, so I'll be back to working on these now that that's done. Hope you're staying warm, girlfriend.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. These are so pretty Donna - you're going to have a lot of joyful hours adding your own touch to them. I've never gotten into working with wool mainly because it would involve me adding a whole 'nother element to my stash that already rules my life as it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I know what you mean! I have a four-drawer pattern file cabinet that only has wool fabric and kits in it. I'm determined to stitch the kits and only purchase only the wools I need to finish them. (I shouldn't have to do that for quite a while) I'm looking forward to working on these blocks. I love the way this one is looking.
      Have a good day!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Oh wow - wish I could peek inside that file cabinet and spend some time fondling the fabrics! I know - I need to get a life!

      Delete
  4. Love this quilt and have the kit. You make me want to prep it. I love the prep as much as the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb:
      I inspired my girlfriend, Kathy, to finish hers, too. She sent me a text with her nearly finished top yesterday. It looks gorgeous! I'm getting better at the prepping part, now that I have a system, so I'm enjoying it more.
      Thanks so much for your note!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna