February 18, 2021

A Sewcial Sisters Day...

Brynwood Needleworks - Seaside Garden Table Mat Detail

It was a beautiful day for a drive up the Fox River Valley to go to Lisa's yesterday. 2020 took its toll on many, and isolating was especially difficult for those of us who thrive on interactions with like-minded friends. There are still some who are staying away, so our Sewcial Sisters group was small, but we enjoyed our time together.
 
The only thing I had to do on the Seaside Garden table mat was the blanket stitch outside edge, so that's what I worked on. I had it finished in time for Show & Tell. 

The sweet, little chick pincushion is a vintage piece that belongs to Lisa. She loaned it to me, along with two others, that I might try to stitch my own, using this as an inspiration. It's really tiny, measuring approximately 2" wide by 2" tall. If you have a copy of her Quilter's Journal (like the one I'm offering in the "Be My Valentine" Giveaway), this wee chick pincushion is shown on one of the pages.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Lori's Completed "Cottage Garden" quilt
 
Lori has been busy! Not only did she applique' and sew together all the blocks for the "Cottage Garden" quilt (which was part of the Holiday Wool Box), but she also hand quilted it!! I'm inspired to do this one. It's beautiful!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Lori's Completed "Old Friends" Table Mat
 
She also completed the "Old Friends" table mat that was another kit from the Holiday Wool Box. We were all pleasantly surprised to see how large it is. (Yes. I have this kit, too.)
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Kay's Completed "Live A Simple Life" Quilt
 
Kay completed Lisa's design, "Live A Simple Life" quilt. (So far, all the above photographs are Lisa's designs (Primitive Gatherings) and this kit is available on her website. This is an all flannel and wool quilt, and it's really something to behold in person.
 
I'm sure the Holiday Wool Box kits will eventually be available to purchase, but they aren't yet. Lisa usually holds off a few months as the wool boxes are exclusive to the subscriptions for a period of time.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Kathy D's Completed Christmas Quilt

Kathy D. made a wonderfully colorful Christmas quilt. Different designers contributed the block designs. I'm embarrassed that I can't remember the name of this quilt. Kathy's needlework, applique', piecing, and quilting skills are ribbon-worthy. (I'm sure when there are quilt shows again, I'll be sharing photographs of her with her ribbons!)
 
I came home late afternoon to two dogs who were anxious to get outside, and then get fed. It's always nice to feel needed. lol 
 
I think I'll spend today setting up a few more projects. I can stitch this evening as I listen to podcasts or videos. Doing the cutting and fusing now will give me lots of options to work on later.
 
We're on the downslope of this week already. I hope you have something fun planned for the rest of this week. I'm continuing to pray for my Texas friends. Our weather is slowly warming to a tolerable temperature. I hope the same happens for them.

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Your table mat is beautiful, & how cute is that chick!
    Those are some fantastic projects from your stitching sisters, all so very pretty.
    I hope it warms up by the weekend, I'm hoping!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn! I love that little chick, too. Now to find the velvet to try to reproduce it. sigh
      I hope it warms up, too. It was sunny and beautiful today. Some of the snow was actually melting! yay
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. My eye was immediately drawn to that cute little chickie pincushion - glad you're going to be making one for yourself because it certainly 'suits' the projects you've been working on.
    I'm so jealous of the wonderful time you had with your friends - things like that still aren't allowed here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Isn't it adorable? As I told Marilyn, I just have to find the vintage velvet fabric first.
      I'm so sorry you're still shut down. Truthfully, I'm over all of it. I missed the time with friends and family. It really was great yesterday. Wish you could have joined us. <3
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I love your mat turned out beautifully and I love the chick in the middle, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some beautiful projects! At least everyone has had plenty of time to stitch over the past year. I so miss our group gatherings!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna