February 25, 2021

The Next Block...

Brynwood Needleworks - Working On My Next Block

I've started working on my third block in this series. Stems are finished, and I did the blanket stitch around the leaves. Flowers are next, but probably not until later today.
 
I have my first physical therapy appointment this morning, in an effort to "fix" what's still "broken". Once a week for up to four weeks. If this doesn't work, there are still options, but it's been nearly eight months. I stitch and work on projects so I can focus on something other than my frustration with this ongoing issue. Fingers crossed that this works. We shall see.
 
Handsome is halfway home with Carly. I'm looking forward to having them back. We've all missed them both. If he's got the wind at his back, he may make it home tonight. Otherwise, we'll welcome them home tomorrow. Bella and Tag will be beside themselves when he and Carly finally get here. I'll be pretty happy, too.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Another pretty block, your stitches are so perfect.
    I do hope the therapy helps you.
    It will be fun to see Handsome & Carly, I'm sure.
    Can't wait to see a pic of how she's grown!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      They got home late last night. The girls (mostly Bella) decided to act up, but we got things settled down for the night, and we'll see how tomorrow goes.
      I'm having fun working these blocks. I think this quilt will be a pretty one when all the blocks are in.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I hope the therapy works. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. Safe journeys to Handsome and Carly. Would love to see the “reunion”!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      The reunion was a little "exciting". It will be fine soon enough, but we have to keep the girls apart for a while. I'm so glad they made it home last night!
      I really like the gal I'm working with, so I'm looking forward to seeing her again, and I'm hopeful about the therapy.
      Thanks!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry that you're now facing therapy on top of all you've been through already. Fingers crossed this works! In the meantime you can console yourself (at least a little) with working on such pretty projects. Safe travels to Handsome and Carly - hope they get home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MA:
      I had a good session, and some new direction today. I'm scheduled for four, once a week sessions, so I'm hopeful for a good outcome. I didn't get to stitch today, but I'm planning on it for the weekend. They travelers did get home last night! (Nearly 1,000 miles driving in one day!) They're both pretty tired. I'm extremely grateful. Thanks for your good wishes.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Another very nice block!
    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Catherine. They're such pretty blocks. I appreciate your kind wishes, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna