February 11, 2021

"Everlasting" - Part Two...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings' - "Everlasting" Blocks 11-12
 
I managed to finish setting up the rest of my "Everlasting" quilt blocks yesterday. I'm actually lucky to have finished all the blocks, considering that I had a bit of an accident in the process. I'll spare you the gory details (photos are on my personal FB page if you're interested), but long story short, I punctured myself in the thigh with my very, very sharp Karen Kay Buckley scissors, and bled a lot!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings' - "Everlasting" Blocks 9-10
 
Once I got that all under control, I forged ahead on this project, and can now crow that they'll all be ready to sit down and stitch when the spirit moves me.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings' - "Everlasting" Blocks 7-8
 
By the time Handsome called from Macon, GA last night, I could tell him all the blocks were done, and I avoided a trip to the emergency room.
 
Back to the quilt blocks...You can see by comparing the pattern image with my actual blocks how I adjusted them to make them personal. I'm really going to have fun doing the embroideries!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings' - "Everlasting" Quilt Layout

I also have the finishing kit when I get to that stage. This is how the quilt looks from Lisa Bongean's pattern. Isn't it lovely? I'm motivated to work on this one first!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

12 comments:

  1. It.s very, very, nice . I hope you did’nt hurt to much.
    Wish you a good week .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Catherine:
      Thank you so much for your concern. I was surprised that it really didn't hurt. I re-dressed it this morning, and it's already healing without swelling or bruising. (That was the biggest surprise!)
      Blessings,
      Donna
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Part one and part two......all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Robin:
      Thanks so much for your note. I'm looking forward to working on them.
      Blessings,
      Donna
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I hope your leg is okay.
    That is one beautiful quilt.
    Can't wait to see yours with your embellishments.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marilyn:
      Hard to believe I was so clumsy. An instance where "quick reflexes" aren't the best.sigh
      I'll be starting on these very soon! Thanks for the vote of confidence.
      Blessings,
      Donna
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Glad you are okay! The blocks are going to be gorgeous. I hope Macon treated Handsome well. I’d have treated him to dinner last night if I’d known he was here. I hope the rest of his trip is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      I think it's going to heal just fine, thanks. No bruising or swelling, so that's a good start. Handsome was in 70º weather this morning. I admit I'm a bit envious, as it's only 7º here today. brrrr He's safely at his destination as I write this. I'm glad too, as I prayed him all the way to our friend's home.
      Blessings, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness - do I gather that you sat on your scissors? Very glad a trip to emerg wasn't necessary!! And glad to see from the comment responses that Handsome has arrived safely.
    As for this project - it's going to be stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      No, it was much more dramatic than that. lol I have a pressing station set up on a tv tray, with my iron on a stand in front of that. I sit in a very unladylike position when I'm pressing, cutting and fusing, with my knees on either side of the tv tray legs. While sitting in this position, my Karen Kay Buckley (very sharp) scissors started to fall to the floor. I brought my knees together to try to catch them before they hit the floor. I moved just quickly enough to catch the handles with one leg, and the point of the scissors with the other. It seemed all slow motion as the point sloooowwwwly pierced my jeans and embedded in my thigh. I pulled my legs apart, pulled out the scissors, and the bloodbath ensued. sigh My first thought was, "I hit my artery and am going to die alone in my sewing room!". Then, I realized my artery was much lower than where I stabbed myself. I took a deep breath and told myself to calm down so I didn't pass out. I applied pressure, stopped the bleeding, cleaned up my wound, applied steri-strips (left over from my last surgery), and then covered with another bandage. The wound is about 3/4" deep and 1" long. What a klutz! So now you know the whole story. wink
      I'm looking forward to working on this quilt now that all the grunt work is done. Thanks for your concern!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Oh my word! I can see myself doing the exact same thing! I can't tell you how often I've started to drop my needle and make an involuntary snatch at it, only to wonder why it ends up embedded to the bone in my finger. Needles do a whole lot less damage than sharp scissors though. So glad you were able to bandage yourself and that it's not showing any signs of infection....do take care of you!!! Perhaps you should look towards getting a point protector for your scissors when they're not in use? Would one that's meant for knitting needles work??

      Delete
  6. Oh, dear! So glad it wasn't worse! And they say not to run with scissors... apparently they have never tried sitting with scissors. (-;

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna