February 2, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - Woe Is Me...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart - February, 2021

 Hi, Everybody!

Well, this is a sticky turn of events.
 
Dad took Bella and me to the vet's office to pick up my heartworm meds yesterday. While he had us there, he stuck each of us on the scale. Great. How do you feel about hoppin' on the scale? 

Apparently, Boo is back to her fightin' weight since havin' that litter of ankle biters. As for me? It seems I've been hittin' the milk bones a little hard. Dad told Mom I'm two pounds over my highest weight. That's a big deal for a low-rider like me. Too much weight can affect my hips and back, and we wouldn't want that.

Soooooo, Mom said she's gonna cut my mornin' and evenin' rations. Seein' as how I only get a half cup of grub each time, this is gonna feel like she's starvin' me! Who can I call about this? Where can I complain? How long does it take to lose two pounds, and will I still have my glorious bunny butt when it's all over?

I'm already losin' sleep over this. I bet the next thing you know, Mom's gonna start takin' me for walks, too. Oh, the inhumanity of it all. Feel free to send treats. I just know I'm gonna waste away to nothin. Oh, woe is me. Woe is me.

(I hope) I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!"

7 comments:

  1. We wouldn't want you to have back or hip problems Tag.
    Do what the vet says, & you will be back in shape in no time!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a great point, Miss Marilyn.
      I guess I'll just suck it up and do what Mom says.
      Thanks for your note.
      Smooches,
      Tag
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. sorry to hear your sad story, sweetie - but you'll feel better soon and will find it easier to chase those squirrels!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel too bad for me, Miss Suz. It's my own fault for beggin' for food and treats all the time. I want to be able to chase squirrels, for sure!
      I'm glad you mentioned that!
      Smooches,
      Tag
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh Tag, I feel for you, indeed I do! Resident Chef and I have been trying to lose weight too and I know it's not easy. All I can say is this - put your big boy britches on and just do it! After all, you don't want Mom and Dad to worry about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Mom said she's tryin' to shed a few herself. That's why I'm thinkin' walkies are in our future. We'll get this done, even if we don't like it. Good luck to you and RC!
      Smooches,
      Tag
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hey Tag, Bits has your same problem. She is only supposed to weigh 5 pounds and as of now weighs 7. Our vet told us to substitute half of her food with pumpkin puree. She loves it and the weight has been coming off. She still gets the same amount of food but the pumpkin is lower in calories. The bulk is there. Now if you would just talk to her about looking at me with THOSE eyes while I am eating so that I am not tempted to give her little bites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna