February 26, 2021

They're Home!...

"He Also Serves Who Stands And Waits" - Brynwood Needleworks

Handsome made it to just north of Atlanta on Wednesday night. That was about 450 miles from where he started that day in Florida. When we first spoke yesterday, he was just driving into Chattanooga. By about 2 pm, he called to tell me what an easy drive he was having, so he was going to try to drive the rest of the way home (nearly 1,000 miles). 
 
I told Bella and Tag that "Dad and Carly" were coming home so their senses went into high gear the rest of the day, as they reacted to every little outside sound they heard.

Two weary travelers drove in the driveway around 10:15 last night, and the excitement began. Carly remembered home, but Bella didn't recognize her daughter. (The smell was "off".) Two females can get a little testy with each other, and Bella decided to get snarky with her kid.

We were ready for it, so there was no fighting. Carly was submissive. Bella was growly with her hair up. We put an immediate stop to the posturing, and kenneled Bella and Tag. Every time Carly went to her mom's crate, Bella started growling and barking. Carly dropped down and just put her nose near the kennel until we called her away. She was trying to make friends with her mama again.

We can see that it's going to take a little while for the girls to settle back in together. We'll remain the "alpha pack leaders", so the posturing will disappear soon enough. For now, Tag and Carly will be kenneled at night. Bella will sleep on the bed with us so she knows she hasn't lost her status in the pack. Tag doesn't care. It's just another girl to chase around. 

After all the shenanigans, Handsome and I were able to greet each other and he could tell me about his trip. I gave him a light dinner, as he'd driven straight through, and we turned the lights out shortly after. God heard me, as I'd spent two days "praying Handsome home". Before I closed my eyes, I thanked Him for answering my requests. Now I can sleep soundly, knowing that all is right in my world again. My heart is home.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your note! We're so happy they're back.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Glad they made it home safely,
    I hope it isn't too long before Bella recognizes her baby.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We're so glad to have them back. Well, except Bella right now. sheesh. I let her sleep on the bed with me last night, and that's saying a lot. She's an awful bed hog! Each day will get better. She's still growly for now.
      Have a good weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. So happy that they're home safely - that was a very long drive. Prayers answered for their safe return indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Handsome really was a trooper to put in all those miles. I'm so glad to have them safely home. The weather even got warmer for them!
      Have a nice weekend.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. So glad they made it home safely. Poor Carly! I’m sure she was very confused with her welcome. I hope everything settles very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      She spent a lot of time on her belly, being submissive. Poor thing. She's getting back into our routine. Bella will come along, but she's taking her time right now. I'm getting too old for this! lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. It is a blessing to get some safely home after a long drive! I hope the dogs get along soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Marit!
      Thanks for the note. I'm so glad they're back. I'm hoping the girls settle down soon, too. If they were outdoor, kennel dogs, it would be simpler and easier. Having them crated indoors makes for interesting logistics. sigh Praying everything settles down over the weekend. Hope yours is restful and peaceful.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. So glad to hear your weary travelers made it home safely. All will be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny:
      I hope so. This "doggy attitude" gets old fast. Even so, it's good to have the two of them back home. I missed them both, even if Bella isn't cooperating.Better days ahead.
      Happy Weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna