February 24, 2021

A Productive Weekend...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings "New Beginning" Pincushion
 
 I've been busy.

I spent most of the weekend stitching. I completed this sweet pincushion from Primitive Gatherings. It's called "New Beginning". I chose a "redder" colored wool because this color is often seen on Wisconsin deer in the spring.

I filled this pincushion with crushed walnut shells. It's my favorite filler for pincushions because it's heavy and keeps the pincushion from scooching around my work table. (Yes "scooching" is a real word. lol)
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Wool Box - Dragonfly Dreams Block
 
This is the first block I completed from the Wool Box. The finished project is called "Dragonfly Dreams", but no one knows what it will look like when it's done.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Wool Box - Dragonfly Dreams Block

This was the second block I completed. Don't you love the colors? I'm going to stick with the Wool Box subscription just so I can get more of these blocks!

 
On another note, I was contacted by MA yesterday, asking that I draw a new number for the third giveaway gift from the "Be My Valentine" Giveaway. She lives in Canada and asked that I give the gift to a domestic commenter instead. The new winner was chosen via Random.org, and the result is below. (Yes. I screencapped on the correct computer this time!)


Congratulations, Bonnie Biggers!!!

I already have your address, so you won't need to email it to me.
(Thanks again for your generosity, MA.)

DonnaAcornSignature

15 comments:

  1. Your work is so beautiful. The New beginning pincushion is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Marit!
      Thanks so much for your comment and compliment. I appreciate hearing from you.
      Blessings,
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Love that pillow.
    Behind our house & down the hill is the Rock River.
    We see Deer almost every night about 4:00-5:00, so pretty.
    We also see Marsh Deer, the Horicon Marsh is a few miles away.
    They are darker in color, & have different antlers, so pretty too.
    Very nice Dragonfly blocks.
    Very nice of MA.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Horicon Marsh is one of my favorite Wisconsin places, and the Rock River is beautiful. How wonderful that you live so close and get to see the deer. Lucky Girl!
      Thanks for the compliments, girlfriend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I don't know which I like better - the deer or the floral block! They both look so soft and cozy. Congratulations to Bonnie! I'm so glad that someone else will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MA:
      I love your kind heart. One of these days you'll let me bless you, too.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Your Wool blocks are simply stunning. Congratulations to Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thank you! Glad to hear from you, my friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Your wool applique is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is wonderful like always
    I back to blogging again hope to get comments and new friends
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura:
      Thanks so much! I'll enjoy catching up on your blog!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna