February 1, 2021

What's Next...

Brynwood Needleworks - Completed Embroidery

 February Already?
 
I completed the "turtle footstool" embroidery piece yesterday. I spent a lot of my needlework time contemplating how I might finish this piece. I think I may have made my decision.

I have a wonderful, sturdy, little wingback chair and ottoman that's seen better days. It needs to be recovered or slipcovered. As we have three resident hairbags, (lol) I think the slipcover route might be the more wise option. 

I have more than enough of this linen fabric to create such a slipcover for that sweet chair and ottoman. That being said, I think I'll make this piece into an oval cushion to place in the chair once the chair has the new cover.

I'll be making my own oval pillow insert to get the exact size I need, and will turn my embroidery into a pillow soon. I think it's a good time to recover that chair, so I'm planning to do that this week, as well. I'll take before and after photos for you, perhaps adding progress pics along the way.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Great idea!
    Can't wait to see it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! I’m sure your chair will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great use for your embroidery - that fabric will be perfect for a slipcover. I'm sad though to think that poor turtle is going to be nekkid!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna