July 2, 2020

July So Soon?...

Brynwood Needleworks - Illustration from Diary of a Country Woman
 
If temperature is any indication, it surely is July in Wisconsin. Sweet neighbor, Shelly, picked up strawberries for me from a local grower, so in spite of the heat, I'm going to be canning strawberry jam today.
 
While I'm at it, I'm also going to be canning up a batch of Cowboy Candy (candied jalapeños), too. In for a penny... Right? It's time to start working on this years' canning for winter goodness.

Thanks for your comments on the hollyhocks. I'm glad the beautiful flowers inspire others to plant them, and that they bring back fond memories for some of you. Just those thoughts make me smile.
 
I have multiple tomato and green pepper plants in the ground, too. They're filled with blossoms, so I'm hopeful for a nice harvest of those in late summer.

After all the canning is done and put away today, I'll be working on two new strawberry sachets. Both are gifts, and they'll be good practice for the flower designs I've chosen for them. I'll share more of them soon.

For now, I hope you're enjoying the weather in your neck of the woods. We're out even more than usual with this silly, smart puppy. Tag will have a video of her to share next week! You won't believe it. 

Have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow.
 
 
 
 
-
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Interesting, I never heard of Cowboy Candy.
    It's been every hot & humid this week.
    I went out & transplanted my Iris yesterday.
    The patch they are in is all 3' weeds, the Former owners let everything grow wild.
    Not sure of what a lot of it is.
    We will kill the weeds & put mulch down.
    Those Iris really multiplied.
    What started out on 1 side with 3 Iris turned into about 30!
    Had to give some to the neighbors.
    Have a great 4th!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is here and Strawberries are the best now. Cowboy Candy sounds interesting. My Grandma made Cowboy Cookies back in the day. I don’t have her recipe though. I am certain Google has one. Your Hollyhocks are gorgeous! Enjoy your day dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Across the lake, here in Michigan, we are feeling the July weather also. Pretty much 90's for the next week. A good week for staying indoors in the air. I didn't get a garden in this year, so little canning to be done. My brother purchased a jam maker, my sis in law and I put up blueberry jam last year. I'm tempted to buy one for myself! Enjoy that new baby, hope Tag and Carly are getting on better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna