July 6, 2020

What I'm Reading Now...

Sydney Rye Mysteries by Emily Kimelman
 
When reality gets to be a bit much, the best thing is to slip between the covers of a good book. I decided a few weeks ago to tackle a series. I have Books 1-8 of Emily Kimelman's Sydney Rye Mysteries.

I'm currently on Book 4, and zipping right through this action-packed series. The language is sometimes a bit raw (so I wouldn't recommend it for kids or the faint of heart), but I'm enjoying the story line immensely.

I've updated my "Completed Book List" in my right side bar (to date), so I wanted you to know why you haven't seen any sewing or needlework lately. This is a deeper escape from the events of the past few weeks, and I can completely engross myself in the characters. Just what I need right now.

My plan is to get back to handwork first - and very soon. I promise to share something handcrafted as soon as I start a new piece. For now, you'll find me in a comfy chair with a good book.

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love a good book.At some point throughout the day I read.I will look out for these.When I’m in a blue,I reach for my favourite book which is ,Cider with Rosie ,by Laurie Lee,although it’s set well before my time of course,as it’s about his own childhood,I find it very nostalgic.Enjoy your week Donna.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also reading more these days. My bookworm sister has read over 110 books this year alone. No audible for either of us. A real book to hold and escape into. Reading is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are a couple that you might like. I read a lot so I have Kindle Unlimited, but if you don't have it, these are available for purchase too. Thief River Falls by Brian Freeman and A Fire Sparkling by Julianne MacLean ( I particularly enjoyed this one).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the note, Laura! I'll add your recommendation to my reading list!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sherry:
    110 books already? That's awesome!!!
    Thanks for the note, dear.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Carmen!
    Thanks for the note and reading recommendations. I'll add them to my list, too!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna