July 21, 2020

Tuesdays With Tag - I Want To Be Alone...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart

Hi, Everybody!
It's that time again...Tuesdays With ME! 

I told you this week was gonna be about me, so I'm gonna set the record straight about a few things. First, Nobody told me there was gonna be a puppy comin' home with us from Florida. Mom says she did. I'm pretty sure she didn't explain fully - if at all - that there was gonna be eight legs comin' home with us and not just Boo's four.

Brynwood Needleworks - Bein' Stalked By The Kid

She also didn't tell me that The Kid was gonna be stalkin' me at every turn. I'm serious. A guy can hardly do his business in private anymore. I have to run waaayyyy up the hill - FAST - to get away from her, just to make sure I don't have an audience!

Brynwood Needleworks - Me And My Shadow
 
Then, there's the constant shadowin' so that I can't even try to sneak off to roll in somethin' nasty. They keep eagle eyes on The Kid, and if she's next to me all the time, well, that means I get swept up in their surveillance. 
 
We did have some fun on the weekend, though. Mom and Dad took the three of us to a little shoreline area on Lake Winnebago to introduce Her Mini Self to the water and swimmin'. There was goose poop on the shore which I thought was awesome, but Dad wasn't so thrilled. The water in the lake was green, which was Strike Two in his book. He let us go in anyway, but we're definitely lookin' for a clean, private pond for her next lesson. Next to a public boat launch is not Dad's idea of a great trainin' spot, for sure.
 
The good part was that the three of us got enough exercise that all of us slept on the way home. It sure was a good day to be a swimmin' dog.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Gettin' Some "Alone Time"
 
So, most of the time these days, you'll find me mindin' my own p's and q's right here. I can see the neighborhood, protect against unwanted visitors, make a quick getaway if the door gets opened, and even bark off an occasional cat. The best part is that Boo and The Kid almost never bother me here, unless they're on their way out to go potty. Otherwise, I can dream my days away, and they'll stay up in the livin' space moochin' from Mom and Dad. Works for me!
 
I'm hopin' that we can locate a good swimmin' hole in the next week. I'm lookin' forward to doin' a lot more water fetchin' real soon!
 
 I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Just Do It...but not on the rug."

4 comments:

  1. Tag you and the Black dogs need the large round watering tank for swimming. Your shadow is the same size as you are. so glad you have a spot to yourself. A Corgi needs space and time to be cute and special. Smooches...XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Miss Sherry:
    I agree! We've been askin' Dad for a big, honkin' stock tank! We'll keep beggin' until we find a way to swim. I'm missin' my Florida pool these days.
    Big Smooches,
    Tag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Miss Kelly!
    Thanks for stoppin' by to visit...and for leavin' a comment! I love hearin' from my fans.
    Smooches,
    Tag

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna