July 23, 2020

Buns In The Oven...

Brynwood Needleworks - Baking At The Farmhouse
 
Actually, they're rolls. I just couldn't resist the funny title for my post. hee hee I started the day with coffee and baking. I made two loaves of bread for the freezer, and then a HUGE pan of homemade monster cinnamon rolls. The recipe came from my bread making classes at the technical college last year. This was my first attempt to make my own, and all we could say was "YUM"!

I actually mixed up a batch of the cinnamon toast topping that Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) uses on her "Cinnamon Toast, The Right Way" recipe (for recipe click HERE) as the filling. I added Hickory Hill Farm hickory nuts to half the batch, and it was even better.

Brynwood Needleworks - BIG Cinnamon Rolls
 
Handsome and I have been watching episodes of Food Paradise on the Travel Channel lately. We've seen some fabulous places across the country that we'd love to visit (to try their cuisine, too). One of the restaurants they featured made the biggest cinnamon rolls I've ever seen. So, I decided to make my version extra big, too.
 
The restaurant even puts out containers of "just frosting", because they believe a person should be able to top their cinnamon roll with as much frosting as they want. I made extra, too! Half this pan headed up the hill to Andy and Shelly, and of course, I added a container of "auxilliary" frosting to the delivery. I hope they're a hit. 

Handsome and I split one to make sure the quality and taste was up to snuff. There were lots of yummy noises...and someone's beard was delightfully full of frosting. (I'll give you a hint...It wasn't me! He had to scrub up after he was finished!) We really laughed like little kids enjoying a forbidden treat.

My baking took up the morning and into mid-afternoon. We sat a bit, and then went outside to mow the lawn. I'm having a surgical procedure today (no worries. I'm fine), so I wanted to help before I'm sitting around for a while. Did you know I love mowing the grass? I use our small riding mower, and Handsome uses the big mower, so we finish in no time at all.

I have to be at the hospital by 6 am, as I'm the first surgery. I'm probably already out of the operatory by the time you'll read this. They expect I'll be home early afternoon...as soon as I'm out from under the general anesthetic (and not drooling on myself anymore). 

My plan is to take it easy through the weekend, and just stick to working on my new Strawberry Sachets. Maybe I'll even get waited on a little bit! Handsome always takes great care of me. I'll be back tomorrow with an update. I probably won't be cleared to handle needles today, so I'll likely spend more time sleeping and recuperating - and get back to stitching tomorrow. See ya later!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Those rolls look so delicious!
    Prayers that your procedure goes well & you recover well.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Prayers are belated but they also contain Healing Energy for you to have a complete and speedy recovery. Your bread and giant Cinnamon Rolls look very delicious. Rest and Recuperate Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you Donna and hoping all goes well and that you recover quickly. Oh....and those buns....simply defy description....how I wish for smell-o-vision (or better yet, a taste!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm behind on commenting, so here's hoping you're home and well recovered! Enjoy your 'buns'!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna