July 8, 2020

Painted Batik Fabric...

Brynwood Needleworks - Painted Batik Detail
 
I pulled this fabric out of my fabric studio closet yesterday. I'm contemplating turning it into a longer dress or skirt. It feels like a lightweight challis fabric, so it has lovely drape to it. Something perfect to wear in the summer or in warmer climes.

Brynwood Needleworks - Painted Batik Panel
 
It's a panel is approximately two yards wide, and approx. fifty inches long, so I've got plenty of fabric for one of those projects. I pulled out a few fabrics yesteray, and will try to make a decision soon.
 
I purchased this and another panel from a vendor booth at either our Florida quilt guild show, or at the World Quilt Show when our guild made is a full-day bus trip. The artist is Suzanne Egan Hill, and her website is www.paintedbatiks.com in case you're interested.

I had my annual checkup yesterday, too. Got a pneumonia shot, and by the end of the night, I had my arm on ice. It feels a bit like I've been punched - even though the nurse was extremely gentle. ugh I hope it goes away soon. This soreness is definitely cramping my style! Wish me luck, please. I've got stuff to do.

DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. The panel is beautiful & would make a pretty skirt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Marilyn said!
    Hope your arm feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand painted and perfect for a lovely skirt. Hope your arm is on the mend. This week is a scorcher and up to 110F here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see that fabric in a lovely loose-fitting, long, A-line style dress, with or without sleeves. I love border prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. That sounds perfect, Marrianne!
      Thanks for the idea.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. That fabric is perfect for a long dress - but of course I'd think that because I live in those all summer long. As for the arm - ouch. I'm facing getting both the pneumonia AND shingles shots at the same time and I'm dreading it. I feel a 'poor me' coming on and I haven't even gotten them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing information about challis fabric. But, How use rayon challis fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy:
      My plan is to use this piece as a long skirt. Rayon challis is mainly used in garment sewing, which I've done since I was a teenager. As of this date (01/10/23) I still haven't settled on a pattern I like enough to cut into this beautiful piece. I've been losing weight, too, so maybe I'll wait longer until I'm at my goal to choose the perfect outfit to sew in celebration. Thanks for asking!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna