July 16, 2020

Forget Me Nots...

Brynwood Needleworks - Strawberry Sachet "Forget Me Nots"
 
When I was a preteen - umpteen years ago - my dear Aunt Ethel taught me to tend her garden so I could take care of it when she went on vacation. She showed me how to dust her roses, which plants were weeds to be pulled, and how to water her treasured flowers. It was a task I never quite appreciated at the time, but I did remember some of what she taught me all these years later.

One of the flowers that I loved the most in her garden was the sweet and unassuming forget-me-not. I knew I'd need to do a Strawberry Sachet honoring that flower - and my Aunt Ethel. This is the result.

I'm really enjoying the process of making all these sachets focusing on my favorite plants. I'm looking forward to beginning a new one next week. Today, I have errands to run with Handsome, and tomorrow is yard work. Dad will be laid to rest with my grandparents on Saturday. Handsome and I will be driving up to the private, family, graveside service. It seems appropriate that I should complete this particular sachet a few days before we say goodbye to Dad's remains. I know he's no longer there. He's watching over us from a beautiful place. 
I hope you have a lovely weekend, dears. Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, you sure have a talent!
    Prayers for your family.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget-me-nots were my Grandma’s favorite flower. She also tried to teach me all about plants and taking care of them. I wish I had paid better attention. Your Sachet is lovely. May you have a peaceful weekend dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna