May 6, 2020

Cooking In The Kitchen...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Kitchen Creations
 
I spent the whole day in the kitchen yesterday! It all started when I made two four quart bags of caramel corn for my dad, who adores the stuff.

From there (as long as the oven was already on - and there were four overripe bananas screaming for my attention) I baked banana bread.

Last, but certainly not least, as long as I have goodies going to Dad, I thought he might enjoy homemade Hickory Hill Farm hickory syrup. I headed to the basement and brought up all the bottles I had, and proceeded to brew up a batch of that golden goodness from the farm.

By the end of the day, I was pleasantly, plum tuckered out; the farmhouse smelled like a candy factory, and Handsome made our delicious dinner. It was a day of tasty accomplishments, for sure.

I'm not doing anything quite so grandiose today. I may even put my feet up for a while - at least while I enjoy my morning coffee.
 
Keep Calm and Carry On.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Your Hckory Hill Farmhouse kitchen looks just perfect with all the homemade goodies you baked, cooked and boiled! WOW!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherry:
    I was happily busy all day.
    Stay well, dear.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna