May 21, 2020

Closeup Quilt Photos...

Brynwood Needleworks - Block One - Chickadee & Sunflowers
 
Fair warning: This post is going to be picture-heavy! By personal request, I'm going to share closeup images of each of the blocks in my Wooly Critter Sampler Quilt.  

These are all the blocks in the quilt, pattern by Brandywine Designs, plus my personal touches. Much of the embroidery is my own styling, as the pattern called for blanket stitch throughout. 

My applique' work is COMPLETE now, so I'll be sending it off to the quilter as soon as I can get into Primitive Gatherings to choose the backing fabric!

Enjoy the pictures!
(Thanks again, Laurie, for requesting more pictures!)
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Block Two - Turtle & Pansies

Brynwood Needleworks - Added Bumblebee

Brynwood Needleworks - Boullion Bar Bumblebee Detail

Brynwood Needleworks - Block Three - Butterfly & Roses

Brynwood Needleworks - Block Four - Bunny & Strawberry Basket

Brynwood Needleworks - Block Five - Duck & Flower Wagon

Brynwood Needleworks - Block Six - Owl & Tree Branch

Brynwood Needleworks - Block Seven - Dragonfly & Blossoms

Brynwood Needleworks - Block Eight - Sheep & Willow Tree

Brynwood Needleworks - Added Red Bird
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Block Nine - Crow & Pumpkin

Brynwood Needleworks - Block Ten - Squirrel & Oak Leaves
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Block Eleven - Blue Bird & Heart

Brynwood Needleworks - Block Twelve - Hedgehog & Vine

Brynwood Needleworks - Bottom Border
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Snail on Bottom Border

Brynwood Needleworks - Added Snail - Detail

Brynwood Needleworks - Signature In Bottom Border

Brynwood Needleworks - Date In Bottom Border

Six years from start to this point. I'll call it finished once the binding is sewn on, but all my applique' work is complete. I'm a happy quilter, and I hope you enjoyed my recap.

DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!
    Although they are all beautiful, I'm in love with the Chickadee block, thy are my favorite, & we have so many here.
    Congrats on your finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful.A lovely warm quilt for the cooler nights.Will have to have a look see if they will send the pattern to UK.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitches are so smooth and perfect. I especially like how you stitched your initials and date. Gorgeous Wooly Critter Quilt. I cannot even imagine what the quilter will do. Congratulations on your completion dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible work. Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to see to final result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you Donna, it's absolutely gorgeous! Each block is meticulous. I love your touches, especially the bumble bee and snail. I can see why it took so many years to do. I do a lot of sewing and applique with felt, but this is going to last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, this is stunning! The work you put into this quilt is alot but very worthwhile!! I love each block!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is absolutely beautiful. A piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfection! So nice to see the closeups and all the pretty details you included. This is definitely going to be a family heirloom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna