May 15, 2020

Turkeys In The Straw...

Brynwood Needleworks - Turkeys In The North Field
 
Well, not exactly. They're actually in the winter wheat that our neighbor planted last fall. These three big boys showed up late day, and by the time they were finished dancing, there were a total of six hens enticed to the pow wow.

The hens actually had quite a nice, late day feast, pulling tender wheat shoots up as the males danced. Shortly afterward, they all sashayed into the fence row and disappeared for a little late night romance. Just as well. I mean...get a room, already!

This is the first group we've seen around the farmhouse since last fall, with only a few singletons in the past week. We think they spent most of the winter in the woodlots to the north of us, so it was really nice to see them again.

I spent the day stitching on Wooly Critters and am getting close to finishing. More photographs of that project in the next day or so. I'm thinking the top will be finished tomorrow or Sunday, and then I'll be ready to choose the backing and decide on how it's going to be quilted. We'll see how it goes.

Enjoy your Friday, and weekend! Wisconsin's "safer at home" restrictions were lifted two days ago. First thing I did was make an appointment for a haircut (and overdue doctor's appointments). If your state is still under restrictions, I hope you find something creative to occupy your weekend. 
 
Keep Calm and Carry On.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see Wooly Critters.
    I also need a haircut, my hairdresser retired, so I need to call around today.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a flock of turkeys that large in a long time Donna, that was up north (Michigan)at my brothers. I'm really looking forward to seeing your wooly critters, I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay safe as you venture out and about. Fun to watch the Turkeys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna