May 23, 2020

A Little Embroidery...

Brynwood Needleworks - Ribbon Embroidery

I worked in the garden all afternoon, and had fun moving some of the plants that were on the outer border of the previous kitchen garden. After the porch was completed and the new walkway was installed, all those plants (hostas, phlox, and others) ended up more toward the center of my planting area. I moved the hostas and phlox, and then added new plants that I purchased last week.

When I was finished with the outside work, my body said I should sit and relax with a cuppa tea and my needlework. I was more than happy to oblige, so I picked up my Strawberry Rose Sachet project and did a little needle dancing.

Oh, in case you're wondering, the Corgi head is a little planter that a friend sent to me. I think I'm going to turn it into a pincushion by adding a pouf to the opening on the back.

Brynwood Needleworks - Ribbon Embroidery Detail
 
I still have a few buds and blossoms to add, and then I'll be ready to start embroidering the stems. It's supposed to rain this weekend, so I'll definitely finish this. As it hasn't started sprinkling yet, I'm going to go out and water all those transplants first. I can do that with a coffee cup in my hand, right?

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. The Ribbon work is beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Donna, enjoy your quiet time working on it, and hope to see it done soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna