February 5, 2020

Look What I Found...

Brynwood Needleworks - Completed Needlework Pieces

I've been slowly sorting and cleaning in my studios. I've pulled fabrics to share and donate, and I've also emptied containers that were in the rooms they related to, but hadn't been emptied. Today, I "found" a few pieces that I need to finish now.

By finish, I mean frame, turn into cushions, or complete in some other form. These are pieces I've had for years - and in some cases, decades!

Brynwood Needleworks - Told In A Garden 1993 "Christmas Angel"

This beautiful "Christmas Angel" is a 1993 freebie from Told in a Garden by Marilyn Leavitt-Inblum. Don't you love her designs? The design is about 4.5" square, so I may make this into a small bowl filler pillow...or a small square frame.

Brynwood Needleworks - Tristan Brooks Designs "Newbury Small"

I purchased this beautiful crewelwork design from a needlework shop in Williamsburg, VA one of the years Handsome was invited to perform with the Williamsburg Consort. I wrote about this in August 2013, so I'll initial and date this finished piece, before I frame it. The finished piece is 3" square. Perhaps it would be nice on top of a needlework box? The Heathway hand-dyed crewel yarns and Gumnuts wool and silk yarns were a delight to use. I wrote about it HERE when I purchased it.

I met Sharon J. of Corgis In My Garden in 2011, when she and her Arabelle spent the day with Tag and me in Colonial Williamsburg. Another special thing about this piece was that I purchased it where I met Michelle May of The Raspberry Rabbits for the first time. She came from New Bern (where she lived at the time), to meet and spend some time with me.

Brynwood Needleworks - Cayman Islands "Poinsettia"

This piece really takes me back. I purchased the handpainted canvas in the Cayman Islands (British West Indies) on Handsome's and my honeymoon. I held onto it for years without stitching it, but finally tackled it using DMC pearl cottons. This one will definitely be a small cushion.

Brynwood Needleworks - Told In A Garden "Ice Angel"

The last piece I pulled today is another Told In A Garden design, "Ice Angel". This one is larger, at 14.5" x 16", and will be framed. It uses metallic threads and beads, along with beautiful DMC stranded cottons.

I think this one will hang in the master bedroom when it's finished. Don't you think everyone should sleep with an angel on their shoulder?

Pulling out these pieces was like reuniting with old friends. I have more needlepoint, and I know where those pieces are. I'll be taking those out as soon as I've finished these. I'm going to enjoy these for a while, first.

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. All so pretty.
    Ice Angel is gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe each of your forgotten stitcheries are treasures! I recently discovered some of my own sketches & enjoyed seeing them...unfinished but full of memories. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a treasure of Beautiful Stitcheries and wonderful memories attached to each one. Your 2020 word COMPLETE will serve you well as you finish each of these and proudly display them in your home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna