February 20, 2020

Finishing Touches...

Brynwood Needleworks - My "Nearly Finished" Hello Spring Table Runner - Detail

It was a great day yesterday. First, and most importantly, Handsome came through the surgery with flying colors. The procedure began later than expected, but everything went really well, and he'll be home some time today. Thanks so much for your prayers and good wishes. We really appreciate them!

I had plenty of time, while I waited, to stitch all of the Hello Spring table runner design. I'm sharing photos before I've attached the fabric backing and trimmed all the fuzzy bits.

Brynwood Needleworks - Hello Spring Table Runner = Detail

I'm not sure whether or not my butterfly is completely finished, and I'm contemplating adding a little bumblebee on the left side, above the white blossom. I'll decide that today, but I'm open to ideas.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Complete View Hello Spring Table Runner
 
I'll make my final design decisions this morning, and then finish it later today, after Handsome is settled back here at the farmhouse. 
 
What do you think? More stitching on the butterfly, or not? Should I add a little bee? I'll check comments throughout the day for opinions.

DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. Yes, a bee would be cute.
    It's beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most butterflies have a line or two going through their wings. It looks great as is. I probably would put just a few. I tend to add my little touches, too, when I get a pattern. Gives it my signature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So grateful Handsome did well through surgery and will be home today. Yes, please add the little bee. Your stitching is perfection and your extra touches always make your projects extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could definitely embellish the butterfly more if you wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased Handsome is doing well.I love the stitching just as it is,beautiful as usual.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing to have gotten so much done! I'd probably add a bit of stitching on the wings and 'yes' to the bee. I think it would be better balanced. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good news your handsome is doing well! suggestions: yes to bee, and
    longer antennas(???) for the butterfly perhaps. Always wonderful work Donna!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna