February 15, 2020

Kindred Spirits...

Brynwood Needleworks via Anna Speshilova Art - Swallows

I recently came across the artwork of talented artist Anna Speshilova. I immediately fell in love with her watercolor images of humans interacting with wildlife. If you've come to know me through my posts, you'll understand how I instantly felt that she, her subjects, and I are kindred spirits.

Anna Speshilova - Instagram image

This is her Instagram image, and (to me, at least) it's plain to see in her kind eyes, where her creative muse originates. This lovely, young woman, immediately captures your heart with her images of animals and human interactions.

Brynwood Needleworks - Anna Speshilova A Walk In The Woods

I haven't found her titles for these pieces, so I've named them myself. The kindness and compassion; the sense of sharing space with nature are evident in every piece I've seen. I'm not even addressing her skill as an artist, which is clearly exhibited. She's quite gifted.

Brynwood Needleworks - Anna Speshilova Bedtime Story
 
 I'm sharing the link, in case you'd like to see more of her artwork. Just click HERE to view additional pieces, or head right to her Instagram account HERE to see even more!

It's been bitterly cold here (before windchill temps at -11ยบ), so I've worried about our resident opossums with their naked ears, paws and tails. I pray they've been huddled together in a sheltered place to keep warm. The raccoons have their big, furry coats to keep them warm, so I don't fret for them as much.

Yesterday, I took cat and dog food, grapes and blueberries, along with the fruit and nut birdseed mix to keep all my wild friends nourished (and to share a little Valentine with them). Today, the temperatures will rise out of the deep freeze, into the 30s. I'll go out and check on the trail cam to make sure everyone is okay. See? I'm telling you. We're kindred spirits.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Donna thank you for sharing this amazing artist and her beautiful serene watercolors. She paints so much emotion into her pieces. I pray your wildlife is safe and warm. I know they are very grateful for your food and care. Blessings Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna